Goodman

The Logitech, Overwolf LED Challenge

11 posts in this topic

Greetings beloved developers,

As some of you already know, we partnered with Logitech to bring you a new DEV Challenge;

The LED Developer Challenge

mKBfekl.png

What's the challenge?

The challenge is to create the best app you can think of using the new Logitech LED API

You can also add integration to one of your existing apps!

What's new?

The Game Events API is a new project we've been working on, it allows developers to receive important and interesting game events that are otherwise hard to get. The first phase will include events for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and we will continue adding DOTA 2 & League of Legends events.

What are the prizes?

Gear, lots of Logitech gear!

I want to participate but I don't have Logitech LED gear

You can easily test your ideas and development in the new Logitech Keyboard Emulator, which will live demo your project as if you have a real keyboard in front of you. For more information, please read this.

In addition, Logitech & Overwolf will send some developers Logitech LED gear for development that will stay with them forever! to apply for Logitech gear please read the FAQ

Best of luck!

AidanDaniel97 likes this

I want to participate but I don't have Logitech LED gear?

How to use the Logitech Keyboard Emulator:

1. Download the beta version of LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) Direct link: [32bit / 64bit]
  2. Install LGS & launch it
  3. Click on  "Options" (Cog icon at the Bottom right corner)
  4. Go to the "Developer" tab
  5. Select the "Launch LED Emulator"
  6. The LED Emulator will display any effect enabled by your code (If you use more than one screen, we suggest you move the emulator to the secondary screen)

bjlgOw1.png

ItayOW and Aziz like this

When I try to use the Logitech keyboard LED emulator and apps with the Overwolf-Logitech api, the Overwolf apps do not recognize the emulator as a valid device.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a way to fix it?

Remove the LogitechLed part from the manifest, with the exception of permissions.

"permissions": ["Extensions", "GameInfo", "Media", "Hotkeys", "Streaming", "LogitechLed"],

*Don't forget to refresh the app after, or it won't work.

Edited by goodbyte
LemonsOnFire likes this

When can we expect for the winners of the keyboards to be announced? if I am one of them, can I ask for one with the spanish layout?

Edited by goodbyte

On 8.6.2016 at 5:28 PM, goodbyte said:

When can we expect for the winners of the keyboards to be announced? if I am one of them, can I ask for one with the spanish layout?

I don't have mine yet either, germany.

On 8.6.2016 at 5:28 PM, goodbyte said:

It says Nov 5th on the challenge page

Edit: Apparently that was changed recently since sept 5th can be found within some descriptions on the page too :rolleyes:
Now Challenge even is open until oct 20th. I think there's a missing announcement unless it got out as email to the participants.

Edited by Colorfulstan

On 26/8/2016 at 6:23 AM, Colorfulstan said:

It says Nov 5th on the challenge page

Edit: Apparently that was changed recently since sept 5th can be found within some descriptions on the page too :rolleyes:
Now Challenge even is open until oct 20th. I think there's a missing announcement unless it got out as email to the participants.

I know, and yes, the dates were changed a couple weeks ago... this is the email you've missed.

LHo2OHI.png

But that wasn't what I asked, they were supposed to send a keyboard to everyone who have developed a quality app before july 15th...
The winners are:

Barel
José Guerra
Tyson J Taylor
Steven Yeng
René Baumgärtel
Bennet G
James Witten
Alexander H
Andrew M

On 18/4/2016 at 3:00 AM, Goodman said:

In addition, Logitech & Overwolf will send some developers Logitech LED gear for development that will stay with them forever! to apply for Logitech gear please read the FAQ

Edited by goodbyte