Colorfulstan

forum
What's up with this ... suboptimal... new Forum Color scheme

2 posts in this topic

Hey there,

am I the only one who doesn't click with the new color-scheme? Originally I thought it was a work in progress, but that doesn't seem to be the case :D

The Forum got a way cleaner look when the Forum-software changed and that is kind of ruined with this (imo) half assed reskin to red. I don't think everything has to be branded right away, the previous color theme was just fine and very balanced.
It also doesn't seem that there is any setting available to choose another color-theme, so everyone is forced to live with it as is.

To explain my opinion:

I get that overwolf's color's are black and red, but with the current color-scheme there are some serious Issues in my eyes (literally)

1) it's not followed through. The Tag things are still blue, also the links and everything that is red just seems totally forced into another pre-set color-scheme instead of part of a coherent design

2) some of the red-tones are just hurtful on brightish monitors

3) The Mod-color (bright green) and the "tacked on" red colors just are a horrible combination. Besides that, the ultra bright green of the mod-name makes it very hard to read on white background.

4) in the remaining products from overwolf (Logo, website) the red is an accenture color, and that is certainly for a good reason. Way too much (bright) red on this forum atm.

Suggestion: make the majority of what got styled redish black/grey to make it way easier on the eyes.

Currently I don't want to have to spend more then five minutes on the forum since it is just not very pleasent to read stuff with the red distractions shoved into my viewport.

Thanks for your time.