Petebaute

Overwolf not working with Hearthstone (Fine in Overwatch)

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,
Overwolf is no longer working once I launch hearthstone.  Whether in fullscreen or not, when Hearthstone launches, overwolf & the dock closes and nothing I click will work until I close out of Hearthstone.  I've restarted & checked other games (it works fine in Overwatch). I used it yesterday no problem for an arena run & haven't downloaded any other programs or anything today it just simply stopped working with hearthstone. 

Please help!

Thanks,
-Pete

Hey   @Petebaute

Due to the last Hearthstone patch, we have a known issue. Please use this guide to replace the Overwolf gamelist file

This is a temporary fix and is no longer required in 24 hours from now. If you want to make Hearthstone and Overwolf work together immediately then follow these steps:

1. Press the windows key + R
  2. Type in: %localappdata%/Overwolf and hit enter
  3. Locate the GamesList.xml file and replace it with the one you got from us
    Usually you'll need to extract it first so make sure you have winzip/winrar/7zip/other compressing tool installed on your PC.
  4. Restart Overwolf
  5. Start Overwolf and start the game

Follow this Gif-guide: https://gfycat.com/GlisteningZealousKouprey

Please let us know if it works properly!

GamesList.8963050HsDx11Fix.xml.7z

I had a similar problem after the latest patch to Hearthstone, where the companion app would not stay overlayed on the screen, it would be running in the background.  Your fix above worked to solve that issue, however drafting a new arena deck, the options are not being evaluated.  The deck tracker also did not show up after completing the draft, nor did the window pop up that shows the results and score of your draft.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:49 AM, Aelic said:

I had a similar problem after the latest patch to Hearthstone, where the companion app would not stay overlayed on the screen, it would be running in the background.  Your fix above worked to solve that issue, however drafting a new arena deck, the options are not being evaluated.  The deck tracker also did not show up after completing the draft, nor did the window pop up that shows the results and score of your draft.

We have fixed this bug as well, let me know if it works after a restart to Overwolf