Jazzingo

Installer - "Connection Error - Please check your internet connection and try again"

Hey Overwolf users. I'm just getting into a clan on a game that uses Teamspeak 3 as their main communications, and so I decided to attempt to download the Overwolf TS3 Overlay. I have tried installing the Overlay through the Teamspeak Click-Widget-Thing, Installing the .exe that you get from the App List on Overwolf.com, and tried just installing regular Overwolf. All three give me an error that says "Connection Error - Please check your internet connection and try again" with a "Got It" button to click that just sends me back to the beginning of the installer about 1 minute after clicking "Install". I've tried wiping my local files, program files, white-listing, turning off my firewall completely, disabling and enabling my connection, nothing works. My log files will be below.

Log.rar

Hey @Jazzingo

Thank you for reaching out :)

Seems like the installer couldn't determine which version of Overwolf to install, let's wipe everything out and use a manual installer.

First, head to your control panel to uninstall Overwolf. (If you have nothing Overwolfish there, skip next)
Once you finish uninstalling it, head to C:\Program Files (x86) and see if you have an Overwolf folder (you shouldn't), and proceed to do the following:

1. Use the Windows search (press the Windows key + R).
  2. In the "Search" bar type: %localappdata% and hit OK.
  3. Delete the Overwolf folder.

Then use this direct Overwolf download. Once you download that installer, follow these instructions to create a shortcut for Overwolf on your desktop:

1. Use the Windows search (press the Windows key + R) 
  2. Enter C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf and press enter. 
  3. Right-click on the OverwolfLauncher.exe and create a shortcut to put on your desktop. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!