Sign in to follow this  
glasshound

Overwolfupdater.exe doesn't; eats up lots of CPU

When I start Overwolf, the overwolfupdater.exe program is launched but it no longer seems to do anything other than eat up significant CPU. Rebooting my Win7 64 bit system makes no difference.  I end up killing the process when I run Hearthstone in order to free up sufficient CPU space.  I've attached a zipped file of the log directory (did not include the Apps subdirectory due to size limits - do you need that as well?)

Log_not_including_Apps_Subdirectory.zip

Hey @glasshound,

Thank you for contacting us,

According to your logs, your Overwolf version is outdated. If the updater fails to work, you can try to manually launch it (right click Overwolf tray icon, go to support and click on check for updates).

If that fails as well, try do a clean sweep and re-install Overwolf. First, head to your control panel to uninstall Overwolf. 
Once you finish uninstalling it, head to C:\Program Files (x86) and see if you have an Overwolf folder (you shouldn't), and proceed to do the following:

1. Use the Windows search (press the Windows key + R).
  2. In the "Search" bar type: %localappdata% and hit OK.
  3. Delete the Overwolf folder.

Then use this direct Overwolf download. Once you download that installer, follow these instructions to create a shortcut for Overwolf on your desktop:

1. Use the Windows search (press the Windows key + R) 
  2. Enter C :\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf and press enter. 
  3. Right click on the OverwolfLauncher.exe and create a shortcut to put on your desktop. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!