Sign in to follow this  
LECAGO

Game Summary not working for League of Legends (Garena)

EDIT: Issue still not fixed, but I think this may have to do with the new Garena client update. I cannot launch LoL from Overwolf game library as there is no direct way to launch from an .exe file any more. Before the Garena client update, running the LoL launcher executable directly opens LoL. The update forces users to open the Garena client to launch it through there, launching from "LeagueClient.exe" results in a bugsplat. As a result, I believe that Overwolf also runs into issues with trying to launch Garena LoL directly from the .exe, and being able to communicate with the game being launched through Garena client. Overwolf support for GarenaLoL has been broken many times before, but I hope the devs keep up with changes with Garena better in the future.

I tried reinstalling Overwolf and ReplayHUD but it did not get fixed.

Game Summary works perfectly fine for other games (e.g. CS:GO, Overwatch) as it shows the Game Summary screen at the end of each session.

But after any League of Legends game it does not show, opening the Game Summary via Overwolf tray icon opens the Game Summary UI, but with no gaming stats or videos filled in.

If I had played another game before LoL, the game summary just shows the Game Summary for the other game upon opening manually.

I do not have LoLWiz installed so there should be no conflict regarding that.

Overwolf log file is attached.

Log.rar

Edited by LECAGO
update

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out to us,

I'm afraid Garena has been blocking Overwolf for a while, we tried contacting them but haven't heard back. Please try contacting as well about it, I'm afraid we can't do much on our end :(

Uhm, hello overwolf I just want to share this to you the lolwiz cant retrieve stats in my game it keeps showing that it cant retrieve stats and try another game but it seems like it isn't working how do I fix that? thanks

Hey @Vhanjo,

LoLwiz doesn't work with Garena, in order to get all the summoner info and stats LoLwiz has to connect to RIOT's API. Garena doesn't work like that so LoLwiz can't pull information, and therefore doesn't work with Garena.

Hey,

Unlike LoLwiz, this doesn't have to do anything with Overwolf.

It's fine that you recommend an app you found/know of for Garena users, creating your own tops about it is ok, but please don't bump old topics or spam about it in other users' topics :)