schmee8

Add own .exe

I just downloaded the program today so it might be available, but i was wanting to put my WoT xvm.exe file on the overwolf dock so i could use overwolf while also using xvm. but not just xvm, any game that has an .exe should be able to be put onto the dock. And i know that there is a way to configure the WoT launcher to launch the xvm.exe program then the WoT.exe program, but i am not that familiar with coding, so if anyone could tell me how to do that, i would be very grateful :geek:

You might want to "Consider" (Harder/Faster) as users will find a way...

if you go to %LocalAppData%\overwolf there is an xml file named something like GamesList.00000000.xml

in it is a list of supported games
what i did was added a new entry near the bottom

Your Games Title Here

game.exe // Games exe

Launcher.exe // Games Launcher (if applicable)

D3D9
Supported
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SomeGame\InstallPath // Directory key for install path
NotSupported
true
DInput8
true
true

Saved the file and restarted OW and poof it works

on a side note:

if you don't want OW to overwrite and you're not to concerned with the updates (like myself, I only play one game)

you can change the name of the xml file from GamesList..xml to GamesList.9999999.xml

and it won't update the list

You might want to "Consider" (Harder/Faster) as users will find a way...

if you go to %LocalAppData%\overwolf there is an xml file named something like GamesList.00000000.xml

in it is a list of supported games

what i did was added a new entry near the bottom

Saved the file and restarted OW and poof it works

:o:o:o

This is indeed a valid solution for some.

We're not hiding this option from the users, just not officially endorsing it, so that the less hardcore users won't get unneeded issues.

All I'm saying is that an official solution, that will be valid and comfortable to all users, will take us some time.

No not really, Overwolf rewrites this file, if it were write protected, Overwolf loads a new one. But im generel not so interested anymore in Overwolf, the project is massive to slow. So many games where not supportet...FF14 ARR is out since august and there is no support.

They should just enable the Manual add button as a function to litterally look through your directories and add any .exe file to your own personalized list.

That should not be hard at all, even if at first some features may not be supported by the manually added games... though I doubt even that is a real problem.

Think about it Developers ! :o

Adding support takes time, something I know we all don't like to hear. Even if a game has been out for a while, it doesn't necessarily mean that we can add bug free support with a snap of our fingers (though that would be awesome and make our lives so much easier).

We are trying to add all the games that you guys ask for, but there are a lot of games, and those games also change with each patch they release making it a difficult and time consuming process. We're always adding more games and try to keep support for the games we already have when they decide to patch themselves so please be patient!

Ability to add custom .exe files would be a killer feature imo. By all means pop up a "WARNING WANRING this is untested and may not work" message whenever someone added an unsupported game. People will add games and discuss on here what works and what doesn't, meaning niche titles could get Overwolf support from the community while the devs concentrated on testing more popular titles.

Make it happen guys, you know it makes sense!

Please add this feature :) IMO Overwolf is only 100% usable if it supports any game. It would also mean you don't have to be constantly adding games to the officially supported list... just let people do it themselves while they wait for official support.

Evolve (evolvehq.com) supports adding custom games and crowd sources new support from the community, it supports a TON more games than Overwolf, so byebye Overwolf, you had some neat ideas with your app store but it's no good if you only support 2 games in my collection.

On 08/09/2013 at 11:10 PM, Viking! said:

We don't have the option to add custom exe files.

We are considering adding such an option in the future.

... Skyrim... not supported...

...Fallout 4... not supported..

What games DO you support, because this app is trash as far as I can see.

<GameInfo>
  <ID>55641</ID>
  <GameTitle>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer</GameTitle>
  <DisplayName>COD: MW2 MP</DisplayName>
  <ProcessNames>
      <string>iw4mp.exe</string>
	  <string>iw4m.exe</string>
  </ProcessNames>
  <LuancherNames>
      <string>steam.exe</string>
	  <string>rocketv2.exe</string>
  </LuancherNames>
  <GameRenderers>D3D9</GameRenderers>
  <InjectionDecision>Supported</InjectionDecision>
  <LauncherDirectoryRegistryKey>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath</LauncherDirectoryRegistryKey>
  <LaunchParams>-applaunch 10190</LaunchParams>
  <GameGenres>Shooter_First-Person</GameGenres>
  <XPSupport>NotSupported</XPSupport>
  <FixResolutionChange>true</FixResolutionChange>
  <Input>DInput8</Input>
  <FixDIFocus>true</FixDIFocus>
  <UseLongHook>true</UseLongHook>
  <FixActionFocus>true</FixActionFocus>
  <Launchable>True</Launchable>
</GameInfo>

Evolve just closed down :( Back here just to see if there's any chance of Overwolf supporting this but I guess since it's been "considered" since 2013 that's a resounding No...

What a massive wasted opportunity. You really have to wonder why something simple like this that would  greatly improve the program is not done.

Edited by BuckoA51

<GameInfo>
  <ID>99999</ID>
  <GameTitle>Black Squad</GameTitle>
  <DisplayName>Black Squad</DisplayName>
  <ProcessNames>
      <string>SteamApps\*\Black Squad\binaries\win32\BlackSquadGame.exe</string>
  </ProcessNames>
  <LuancherNames>
      <string>steam.exe</string>
	  <string>SteamLauncher.exe</string>
  </LuancherNames>
  <GameRenderers>D3D9</GameRenderers>
  <InjectionDecision>Supported</InjectionDecision>
  <LauncherDirectoryRegistryKey>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath</LauncherDirectoryRegistryKey>
  <LaunchParams>-applaunch 550650</LaunchParams>
  <GameGenres>Shooter_First-Person</GameGenres>
  <UseLongHook>true</UseLongHook>
  <FixActionFocus>true</FixActionFocus>
  <SupportedVersion>0.0.0.0</SupportedVersion>
  <Launchable>True</Launchable>
  <FixRCEx>True</FixRCEx>
  <EnableTXR>True</EnableTXR>
  <DIT>5000</DIT>
  <UseMCH>6;10</UseMCH>
</GameInfo>