LucasR

Netflix not working properly

Hi there,

I've just tested Netflix and only the sound works, can't watch anything, just a black screen.

Tried with Silverlight 64-bit and 32-bit, no difference.

Also tried deleting the 'Overwolf' folder in %localappdata% and relaunching Overwolf, still not working.

I'm on Windows 8.

Hope this gets fixed.

Thanks

I have had this problems for awhile now. Overwolf is useless to me with out the ability to use Netflix. The social aspect of this program does not appeal to me, and I have better alternatives for video capture. Overwolf shines where i can  have a browser floating over my game allowing me to watch a movie. I have been eagerly updating my client to see if this is fixed. I read somewhere the idea of a Netflix app was mentioned. Has this been scrapped or put on the back burner? 

I have had this problems for awhile now. Overwolf is useless to me with out the ability to use Netflix. The social aspect of this program does not appeal to me, and I have better alternatives for video capture. Overwolf shines where i can  have a browser floating over my game allowing me to watch a movie. I have been eagerly updating my client to see if this is fixed. I read somewhere the idea of a Netflix app was mentioned. Has this been scrapped or put on the back burner? 

Hey there!

Are you trying to watch Netflix through the browser? If so, what exactly is happening? Is it not loading? Can you tell me what is happening so I can try to re-create the problem on my end?

The Netflix website comes up just fine, I can even select a movie. After the movie is selected I have nothing but a blank/black browser window, if I wait long enough I can hear the audio from the movie selected however no visual, just a black browser window. Chrome and IE both load Netflix with no issues. I have watched hulu and it has worked just fine throught the Overwolf browser. Hulu is flash based from my understanding where Netflix is Silverlight. Please let me know how else I can help or any other info you may need. 

Edit:

Memory: 6GB

CPU: i7 930@2.80GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 770 4GB

Edited by Renrek

Hey Renrek,

Tnx for the update and the good analysis/info.

Overwolf doesn't support Silverlight, and we are looking into supporting it, however I cannot give any estimation as to when this will be added.