some_kid

How to: Enable DayZ SA

After playing DayZ mod on ArmA for a while when ArmA was unsupported Overwolf fell out of my life (Last posted here Dec 2012) but with the standalone releasing some friends got me playing again and since Overwolf comes with TS3 installation... here I am again.

And with it I bring some more of my hackery...

DayZ Standalone seems to be supported so far if you add it to your gamelist manually

Navigate to, and open with Notepad++

- "%localappdata%/Overwolf/GameList.#######.xml"

At the bottom paste the following before ""

DayZ SA

DayZ.exe

Steam.exe

D3D9
Supported
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath
-applaunch 221100
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 221100\InstallLocation
DInput8

Hey there!

You can "add" support to any game doing this if you fill out that the right way, but it can cause some stability issues. How is it working for you? Any crashes? Apps not functioning properly? Anything out of the ordinary?

OW detects that the file has changed and DLs an original one. Tried to set it read-only - no results. Though I've made it working for the first time, dunno how.

Raif, could you guys please consider to do more small updates with bug-fixes and stuff without these big announces in the news subforum?

It's really annoying to wait for the new major version just to have easy fixes like this one with dayz SA support.

upd: works again, looks like I need to add the game to the list before every OW start

I don't recall having that problem rincewind, You are editing the file while OW is closed then starting OW correct?

Yep, then it works for the 1st start, but on the 2nd one the file gets replaced I think.

5PQj.png

I moved this topic to the Support forum, made it a sticky and changed the title to be sticky worthy.

Enjoy your stickiness.

Edit - Also, make sure your gamelist number is higher than the current one, otherwise it will reset each time.

I tried doing this for arma 2 oa but i cant make it work

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead is natively supported save on Windows 8.1, so if you tried doing this, then you are most likely interfering with a previous ID.

Are you trying to enable the DayZ mod for Operation Arrowhead?