Raif

How to: Sending Logs

For Windows 10

1. Press Windows key + R OR use the “Find” button.
  2. Type in %localappdata%
  3. Press enter.
  4. Enter a folder named “Overwolf”.
  5. Inside the Overwolf folder there is the Log folder.
  6. Using a program like 7Zip, Winzip or winrar (both have free versions) create a .rar file of the Logs folder.
  7. Attach the file you just created to your support email.

For Windows Vista/7/8.1

1. Click the Windows “Start” button.
  2. In the “Search” bar type “%localappdata%” without the quotation marks. Press enter.
  3. Search for a folder named “Overwolf”.
  4. Inside the Overwolf folder there is the Log folder.
  5. Using a program like 7Zip, Winzip or winrar, both have free versions, create a .rar file of the Logs folder.
  6. Attach the file you just created to an email and send it to Support@Overwolf.com.

When sending an email to Support@Overwolf.com please include the following details:

1. Your forum name.
  2. A link to your forum post.
  3. A short description of your issue.

Here is an explanation on how to send your Logs folder to us:

For Windows Vista/7/8
  1. Click the Windows �Start� button.
  2. In the "Search" bar type "%localappdata%" without the quotation marks.
  3. Inside the Overwolf folder there is the Logs folder. 
  4. Using a program like 7Zip, Winzip or winrar, both have free versions, create a .rar file of the Logs folder.
  5. Attach the file you just created to your post or email it to Support@Overwolf.com.

For Windows XP
  1. Click the Windows �Start� button.
  2. Using the "Run", type "%localappdata%" without the quotation marks.
  3. Inside the Overwolf folder there is the Logs folder. 
  4. Using a program like 7Zip, Winzip or winrar, both have free versions, create a .rar file of the Logs folder.
  5. Attach the file you just created to your post or email it to Support@Overwolf.com. 

In both cases please remember to put in your email:
  1. Your forum name.
  2. A link to your forum post.
  3. A short description of your issue.

There seems to be alot of logs now cuz it crashed many times. Just need 1 log right?

There seems to be alot of logs now cuz it crashed many times. Just need 1 log right?

just .zip or .rar the whole Logs folder. We can use it all and look at everything, the more info the better!

so uh...does this mean you guys wont reply unless i make a topic? because that means i wasted over a week waiting for a response.....

Hey there!

Did you send your logs to Support@Overwolf.com? If so, then they'll answer you through email. A forum thread is just another way to get support. 

"localappdata" search not bringing any overwolf folder

no over wolf log file found in the above, means I have no problem?

Problem: intense flickering of both OW and TS3 overlays, I've just spent the last 7hrs trying to find something (anything) about this. No luck.

*removed*@*removed*.com

my pc; i7 4790k (water cooled), asus sabertooth mark 3 MB, gygabyte gtx 770 oc x2 in sli, crucial 500gb ssd in raid 0, runs all games in ultra (beautifully)

Edited by Jonas
Removed your email for your personal privacy

"localappdata" search not bringing any overwolf folder

no over wolf log file found in the above, means I have no problem?

Problem: intense flickering of both OW and TS3 overlays, I've just spent the last 7hrs trying to find something (anything) about this. No luck.

*removed*@*removed*.com

my pc; i7 4790k (water cooled), asus sabertooth mark 3 MB, gygabyte gtx 770 oc x2 in sli, crucial 500gb ssd in raid 0, runs all games in ultra (beautifully)

When searching, remember to include the percentage character (%) - otherwise the folder won't show up. 

somebody answer me?

Hey there Gelonoid,

Let us try to do a clean sweep and re-install it. First, head to your control panel to uninstall Overwolf. Once you finish uninstalling that, head to C :\Program Files (x86) and look to see if you have an Overwolf folder (you shouldn't), delete it if you do. Then do the following:

3. Click the "Local" folder.
  4. Delete the Overwolf folder.

Then use this direct Overwolf download.Once you download that installer, follow these instructions to create a shortcut for Overwolf on your desktop:

1. Use the Window's search (press the Windows key + R) 
  2. Enter C :\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf and press enter. 
  3. Right click on the OverwolfLauncher.exe and create a shortcut to put on your desktop. 

Waiting for an update :)

Hey there Gelonoid,

Let us try to do a clean sweep and re-install it. First, head to your control panel to uninstall Overwolf. Once you finish uninstalling that, head to C :\Program Files (x86) and look to see if you have an Overwolf folder (you shouldn't), delete it if you do. Then do the following:

3. Click the "Local" folder.
  4. Delete the Overwolf folder.

Then use this direct Overwolf download.Once you download that installer, follow these instructions to create a shortcut for Overwolf on your desktop:

1. Use the Window's search (press the Windows key + R) 
  2. Enter C :\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf and press enter. 
  3. Right click on the OverwolfLauncher.exe and create a shortcut to put on your desktop. 

Waiting for an update :)

Nothing...

"Failed to start  application"