ccrusher1

[Temporary Fix] Getting Overwolf To Work With NVSE

This is a relatively simple fix for now. Not sure if a permanent solution will be made, but this is the easiest way to get Overwolf to work with NVSE.

Steps

1. Go to your notification area.
  2. Right click on Overwolf and click on "Exit Overwolf".
  3. Run NVSE (either through Steam, or using the executable file).
  4. Switch to your desktop (Alt+Tab).
  5. Open Overwolf.
  6. Switch back to Fallout New Vegas. After about 10 or so seconds, the Overwolf UI will appear, along with the FPS counter (if enabled).

A more permanent solution to this (if developers view this and listen) would be to delay the UI from trying to attach to the game. If they cannot make it delayed until a the game has loaded a saved game, then giving about a minute time delay could potentially fix this.

Thank you; this is the closest thing to a solution I've gotten in a long time. However, it seems that Overwolf itself is incompatible with NVSE, because attemting to mouseover the Overwolf tab will result in the cursor just going behind it; it seems the game and overly really don't react for me.

Thank you; this is the closest thing to a solution I've gotten in a long time. However, it seems that Overwolf itself is incompatible with NVSE, because attemting to mouseover the Overwolf tab will result in the cursor just going behind it; it seems the game and overly really don't react for me.

Hm... this is strange. Are you sure you're hitting the combination to open up the overlay (Shift+F1)?

Hm... this is strange. Are you sure you're hitting the combination to open up the overlay (Shift+F1)?

Ah. There's the problem. It never worked for me on Fallout before and I've been using it with Minecraft, which lets you just release the mouse and switch between overlay and game without the hotkey; didn't think of that. Thanks, it works now :D