tannic

So What everyone been playing lately?

What game/games have you been playing lately? 

me:

Deus EX: Human Revolution --> looking forward to the new one.

League of Legends

Dota2 --> I still suck at this game.

Age of Empires 3

ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE and revision but that's not a game so ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE!!!!

I was very disappointed in the direction that the  studio decided on as far as the UI. It makes the game very difficult for me to enjoy and play in depth as I like to do with number crunching and such. 

I did enjoy the combat to a degree, but it somewhat felt clunky to me at times especially with the casting being a mix of targeted/FPS style point and shoot. I'll definitely give it another go maybe in the near future as the story was decent.

I was very disappointed in the direction that the  studio decided on as far as the UI. It makes the game very difficult for me to enjoy and play in depth as I like to do with number crunching and such. 

I did enjoy the combat to a degree, but it somewhat felt clunky to me at times especially with the casting being a mix of targeted/FPS style point and shoot. I'll definitely give it another go maybe in the near future as the story was decent.

Although I only played it in the beta tests, I was disappointed.

Maybe my expectations were off, but it just didn't feel like my thing. This was right after I had been all hyped for Skyrim (Yep, jumped on the Skyrim train a little late), and was hoping this would basically be Skyrim(-ish), but with MMO elements, but boy, was I disappointed. The controls, combat and general feel was nothing like Skyrim, despite the clunky Skyrim PC port.

I'm likely not to look back into it, I do as a principle not purchase monthly subscription for games.

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from - I feel like they kinda went more in an mmo direction with just story and setting of elder scrolls rather than the whole elder scrolls games we love and enjoy with online aspects to it, but still I am very much enjoying the story line and quests and the PvP :) 

Yeah I see where you guys are coming from - I feel like they kinda went more in an mmo direction with just story and setting of elder scrolls rather than the whole elder scrolls games we love and enjoy with online aspects to it, but still I am very much enjoying the story line and quests and the PvP :)

I disagree completely. I think they went too single player and not enough MMO. They didn't make up their mind about which game they wanted.

They went to single player in the fact that the UI is bland, uninformative and pretty much useless as far as how an MMO should be played. There is no info for theorycrafting, no damage numbers. To see buffs you have to open your char sheet (that was a WTF moment for me). There is no real guild stuff in game, no nameplates, no way to distinguish players and guilds or anything

They also made an issue that they put no instancing for personal quests that need can be bottle-necked by having too many people on the map all trying to kill the same boss. End game gear for PvP'ers is locked behind doing PvE... so may issues that prevent this game from being a good MMO for me.

I disagree completely. I think they went too single player and not enough MMO. They didn't make up their mind about which game they wanted.

They went to single player in the fact that the UI is bland, uninformative and pretty much useless as far as how an MMO should be played. There is no info for theorycrafting, no damage numbers. To see buffs you have to open your char sheet (that was a WTF moment for me). There is no real guild stuff in game, no nameplates, no way to distinguish players and guilds or anything

They also made an issue that they put no instancing for personal quests that need can be bottle-necked by having too many people on the map all trying to kill the same boss. End game gear for PvP'ers is locked behind doing PvE... so may issues that prevent this game from being a good MMO for me.

Ahh okay, yeah I like the bland UI personally just because it is more of what an Elder Scrolls game would have but I agree with what you mean about MMO UI with buffs and nameplates - It would have been nice to have that but I'm wondering if they didn't because they wanted to leave it to the imaginations of the addon developers or if they were just too lazy to get all the important features in themselves - still I think it will improve but I agree they lost a lot of players from some of their decisions.

When it comes to the personal quests it is al okay though as long as you get a few hits on the boss you can loot it and get the quest items you need

I'm not that much into the elder scrolls but I love fallout three. Anyhow was dead space 3 a disappointment to anyone besides me. Felt more like an action shooter more than a horror game.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Ahh okay, yeah I like the bland UI personally just because it is more of what an Elder Scrolls game would have but I agree with what you mean about MMO UI with buffs and nameplates - It would have been nice to have that but I'm wondering if they didn't because they wanted to leave it to the imaginations of the addon developers or if they were just too lazy to get all the important features in themselves - still I think it will improve but I agree they lost a lot of players from some of their decisions.

When it comes to the personal quests it is al okay though as long as you get a few hits on the boss you can loot it and get the quest items you need

Originally, the UI had all of that built in and then they took it out. They wanted add-on developers to do it themselves. However a few weeks before the live release, they changed their API to take all of that capability out which is why I don't want to play it.

I've just joined the forums, so though of finding a good topic to start with. 

In any case all my games I mostly play with overwolf(still rare) on are in the signature + actually there's over couple of hundred hours in each game... 

But mostly I play LoL on EUNE. For those who want to find me, same name in the game as here.