Juplika

'Play Commercial' in recorder

Hey guys

I'm just wondering what the 'Play Commercial' button in the settings hotkeys do as that I don't want to mess around with it till I know what it is and how to work it.

Thank you

Juplika

(Tony)

I'm assuming this is under the Twitch streaming app.

Allows you to press a button so that all viewers will see an advert, and obviously will pause their stream. It will play a so-called 'regular ad'. As Twitch states themselves:

Q: What is the difference between preroll ads and regular ads?

Preroll ads begin play as each viewer loads your stream, before they can begin viewing your content. Normal ads are ads which you control and play through the Broadcaster Dashboard [in this case via the Overwolf software] and can be played at any time for all viewers currently watching a channel.

Edited by Jonas

Okay, thank you.

So how do you use it? Do you press the 'Play Commercial' button duing the recording, and then just carry on, or what?

Again, thank you for fast reply

Tony

Okay, thank you.

So how do you use it? Do you press the 'Play Commercial' button duing the recording, and then just carry on, or what?

Again, thank you for fast reply

Tony

You press the button and a commercial will be played to the viewers. The game will still continue, so I can only recommend using the button in loading screens and etc., where there is not a whole lot of action.

Since I haven't used the feature all too much, that is all information I can provide you with.

You press the button and a commercial will be played to the viewers. The game will still continue, so I can only recommend using the button in loading screens and etc., where there is not a whole lot of action.

Since I haven't used the feature all too much, that is all information I can provide you with.

Okay, thank you Jonas

I tried it on my test channel and no ads were displayed.

It may not (Probably does not) work on non-partnered channels (As Advertisement control is a feature listed for Partner channels only)(Also if you don't have a partner channel, I would not make sense to force commercials on the viewers because you wouldn't make any revenue off of it.). My main channel only gets 20-50ish live viewers per stream, so I can't signup to test that obviously.

Yea the Play Commercial feature is for Twitch not for the video recorder. You can't play a commercial in the middle of your recorded video through us (unless you edit your video and add it in yourselves).