Raif

TeamSpeak app developer competition extended to September 13th

Hey there code ninjas!

Last week we asked you all if you needed more time to submit your apps. A majority of 71% asked for an extension, so we're extending the date of submission in about one month to September 13th.

This might mean that those of you who were on track for the original date might feel a little upset, so to honor you guys, anyone who will turn in their app by the original date of August 9th will receive a Tobii Eye Tracker Developer Kit  (worth up to $200) and will be automatically be registered to Overwolf

To clarify, if I submit my app by the 9th of august but then send in fixes and new features by the 13th of September, does the version of the app I sent on before the ninth get counted toward the contest or does the app version I sent in with bug fixes and new features get considered for the contest?

Thanks

Edited by adamk33n3r

Because of idea stealing - and because of imperfections in the API that I hope will get fixed until then - I'd rather not add my app to the appstore yet. Do apps get added to the app store before the end of the contest if submitted now?

Because of idea stealing - and because of imperfections in the API that I hope will get fixed until then - I'd rather not add my app to the appstore yet. Do apps get added to the app store before the end of the contest if submitted now?

I don't know but I think they will wait for the closing date so no more apps can be submitted then push them to the store and spend the remainder of the competition time judging them and getting votes for the user's choice app too - that would eliminate any possible idea stealing.

With the api I'm sure they will take into consideration the issues that are still present, if there are still some left, by judging time but they are of course hard at work fixing these!

To clarify, if I submit my app by the 9th of august but then send in fixes and new features by the 13th of September, does the version of the app I sent on before the ninth get counted toward the contest or does the app version I sent in with bug fixes and new features get considered for the contest?

Thanks

Yes, if you submit your app, you can update it whenever you want. The final version you submit is what gets judged, or whichever version you wish us to judge.

No app is getting into the appstore until after the submission date is over. 

Let me explain the judging process. This is one possibility of how we will handle it though so keep that in mind. Once the submission date passes, all of the apps will be bundled together into a single download and placed into the appstore for users to download, try out and then vote on it for the User Choice award. Once the judgement period ends, we will remove that single download and then upload all the apps separately.

Ok. If it true then its very help full for me. 

Thank you very much.

And could you please help me for how to use teamSpeak in my app. As I new to all this, I didn't get it.

Turned in what I have thus far to challengepost. I hope that's where it was supposed to go. I haven't had any development time this week due to wife in the hospital and I had just started rewriting my application using famo.us, so it's very incomplete. I just wanted to get something in for the possibility to get the dev kit. If I don't, not a big deal I'll still finish the app in time for the competition.

Hey all!

I know there has been some confusion about the Challengepost website, we have not updated it yet and we'e currently discussing what we will be doing with that site.

Till we decide, everyone has an extension till the 13th of September. We also must have your submission to our e-mail at Developers@Overwolf.com with the subject of your e-mail being:

*** TeamSpeak App Development Contest Submission ***

We'll be sending an e-mail out to all the Challengepost participants letting them know.