AidanDaniel97

Which headset should I get?

So I have had my Turtle beach p11 for a couple of years now and originally got them as a cheap set of headphones and never actually got around to getting a nicer pair but now its time to get a new pair seeing as my mic has decided to die!!

So does anyone have any great headset advice for me? I want a nice, comfortable and crisp sounding headset which has a pretty decent mic - mostly for talking to mates and not any serious use

Some ideas I had were the following ones, I thought some of them are pretty expensive but if I am going to be using them a lot I want the best quality ones :D 

Siberia Elite - I love the design and the glowing lights ... i'm such a child  :laugh:  

Razer Kraken -  maybe the neon ones, the 7.1 or the new chroma ones coming out in September!

Another cheap pair of turtle beach p11 

Anyone have any suggestions??  :thanks:  :banana:

I'm personally not a fan of "gaming peripherals", especially when it comes to headsets. I always use this list when I go surfing for a new headset. 

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Guide

This guy has reviewed a ton of different headphones in all price ranges for gaming and gave them ratings. It's how I bought my Phillips Fidelio X-1's and I've never been happier.

I've got the SS Siberia v2 - and I don't have anything to complain about. Price is certainly good, comparably and, sound is.. well... gaming-oriented, and microphone is nice and clear. 

Definitely not for audiophiles, but that's nothing you can expect for any gaming headset.

I've got the SS Siberia v2 - and I don't have anything to complain about. Price is certainly good, comparably and, sound is.. well... gaming-oriented, and microphone is nice and clear. 

Definitely not for audiophiles, but that's nothing you can expect for any gaming headset.

Yeah see the Siberia look so awesome, I might just get the elite to be honest because they look even more awesome but the cost is pretty big :D Thanks for the suggestion 

Not a big buff on peripherals, but you should also check out the Astro A40/A50.

Forgot about these!! oh god the decisions!! 

I'm personally not a fan of "gaming peripherals", especially when it comes to headsets. I always use this list when I go surfing for a new headset. 

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Guide

This guy has reviewed a ton of different headphones in all price ranges for gaming and gave them ratings. It's how I bought my Phillips Fidelio X-1's and I've never been happier.

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out! I think with all these suggestions its gunna be a lot more difficult than a quick choice :D

they are like titts on my ears 

ahaha  :laugh:  Nice review! Thanks for the suggestion man

The first decision is whether or not you want wired or wireless headset. I'm looking into the wireless turtlebeaches when I come up with the money for them. 

The ones I had were wired and they do get annoying but then again I'm not sure if there is huge differences on wireless headsets to wired ones like there is with mice? I'm thinking of waiting a month and seeing how well the razer kraken 7.1 chroma's mic has been improved and see if its a decent headset then if it gets terrible reviews I'll have to bump it off my list and go from there  :wallbash:

I have 2. So I'll rate them and tell you what I personally don't like about each.

LOGITECH G430 "7.1 SURROUND SOUND" HEADSET (( $80 USD ))

PROS

1. Comfortable even after a long gaming session.
  2. Long cable. (can reach across my entire room)
  3. Ear cushions are washable. (They will get dirty because they are blue)

CONS

1. Microphone is horrendous. (Complete garbage if you plan on recording videos for youtube)
  2. The 80 dollar price tag is a little high for the mixed bag end up getting.
  3. Feels too flimsy, but hasn't broke on me yet. (I've had the headset for a year)
  4. Sound is "meh" I guess.
  5. Personally I have to constantly tap the USB adapter because the headset gets CRAZY CRAZY feedback, almost deafens me.
  6. No mixer, only volume control.

OVERALL RATING: 4/10 I feel as if I wasted money on this headset.

TRITTON KUNAI (( $69.99 )) *NOTE it does say PS4/PS3/XBOX 360, but I can assure you I'm using it with my PC*

PROS

1. Sound. OMG the sound is amazing with these things! Deep bass, clear vocals. REALLY GREAT!
  2. Microphone. Personally I think this mic is the best I've had. Clear, no feedback and detachable.
  3. Great for any shape or sized head. Personally I have a small head, but it can handle almost any size.
  4. Mixer. While the mixer only allows Mic and "Game" volume it's still nice to have.
  5. Plug-n-Play. Plug the USB end into your PC and you have a working mic, no installation or software needed.
  6. Option to use Audio Jacks or USB. (I personally use it via USB, I don't use the jacks).

CONS

1. Only 3 colors available.
  2. Price is still high. ($69.99 USD)

MIXED

1. Headset can be uncomfortable but I've gotten used you how the headset rests on my ears. (Some won't like it and find it uncomfortable)
  2. Cable is a little too long for me.

OVERALL RATING: 8.5/10 (I've owned this headset for 5 years and I absolutely love this headset, sounds great, mic is great.)

Hopefully this helps some! :)

- Havok.

Edited by IamHavok