catalinu

11 more hours left

Well, what concerns me is that if they publish the results on 25th of September and that's inside the 1 month of appstore monitoring, this will definitely manipulate the results, as many people will be going to try the winning entries. So I'm not 100% sure if they really meant September when they wrote August.

You have a point there. Especially because it is not about voting, it is about pure numbers of installations. I'm quite happy that I haven't done too much promotion yet. I still have something up my sleeve and I nearly wasted it before the time frame even started. Because: Everyone installing my app now is one installation less afterwards.

Edited by aRestless

You have a point there. Especially because it is not about voting, it is about pure numbers of installations. I'm quite happy that I haven't done too much promotion yet. I still have something up my sleeve and I nearly wasted it before the time frame even started. Because: Everyone installing my app now is one installation less afterwards.

In that regard, I hope they count currently installed apps, and not just the number of installations done, because that's going to be pretty easy to fake.

Can overwolf confirm that you have a way to see how many current active installs an app has? Not installations, because you can install and uninstall on an on and the counter will go up and up. I mean can you check if the users have the apps actually installed and active.

This way when the user's choice competition ends you can check how many people have each app installed and this will be fair for everyone. If someone installs an app and then removes it this means they don't like it, they just wanted to try it out so it shouldn't count.

At least that's my point of view.

Well, what concerns me is that if they publish the results on 25th of September and that's inside the 1 month of appstore monitoring, this will definitely manipulate the results, as many people will be going to try the winning entries. So I'm not 100% sure if they really meant September when they wrote August.

Any app that has won a place in one of the categories cannot win the User Choice award due to this.

For example, lets say that the Daily Dolly by meh wins the GW2 Category, it therefore cannot win the User Choice category. Or if the Toolbox app by Thorwe wins second place in the overall competition, it also cannot win the User Choice category.

PSA - The above situation(s) is completely theoretical, this means absolutely nothing as far as who is currently winning that category.

Any app that has won a place in one of the categories cannot win the User Choice award due to this.

For example, lets say that the Daily Dolly by meh wins the GW2 Category, it therefore cannot win the User Choice category. Or if the Toolbox app by Thorwe wins second place in the overall competition, it also cannot win the User Choice category.

PSA - The above situation(s) is completely theoretical, this means absolutely nothing as far as who is currently winning that category.

In the email you mentioned that the 1 month would start when all the apps were on the store. I never got message about when they all were on the store but there are 45 on there currently. So question is, is the 1 month currently active? :)

Congrats to the winners. You guys made some damn awesome apps!

One thing bugs me about the results, though. Weren't GW2 apps supposed to be a separate category? I mean, they did add the GW2 challenge near the contest's end. It's kinda weird that apps from GW2 category also qualify for the TeamSpeak category. Wasn't the point of this contest to make apps that add/enhance TeamSpeak features?

Anyways, 'twas a fun experience. GG.

I totally agree with the previous posts, because when most people entered the contest, there were 3 TS-related jury prizes with 9k prize money, and now there's only one with 3k. At least, that one was given to me. xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.yJVH25T4ne.png The message arrived on my birthday and made me incredibly happy. Best birthday gift ever. :sorcerer:

Anyway, congrats to the other winners!

Edited by Redeemer

All those new apps for Teamspeak xD

In all honesty, I think we all overprovided, makes one feel sorry for the next generation ;)

Congratulations to the winners! And happy birthday numma_cway  :sorcerer:

However, it's nearly october now and I'd rather like to be able to pay my rent in winter, so it's actually past high time for me to focus on that  :bunny:

Good luck on user choice and see you around  :cool:

Just wanted to say congratz to the winners! The apps that were submitted are so awesome and I personally feel more determined and inspired to make apps that not only work and have great functionality but also look beautiful and are easy to use!

Well done to everyone, can't wait for the next one!

Dang. I assumed you couldn't win both the GW category AND in the original one. That's a little much

The Guild Wars 2 Category was judged externally by ArenaNet themselves The original 3 judges (Overwolf, TeamSpeak and Bruce Hack) did not influence or vote on which app they decided was best in their eyes. 

Okay, that makes sense for that. Looks like all apps submitted in the timeframe can win the User Choice award, but why are they in the GW2/TS3 category? That doesn't make much sense for me, except for the install counting.

Okay, that makes sense for that. Looks like all apps submitted in the timeframe can win the User Choice award, but why are they in the GW2/TS3 category? That doesn't make much sense for me, except for the install counting.

All the apps that were submitted for the contest will be in their own special category for the entire duration of the User Choice to both make it easy on counting and for giving them the attention and special place they all deserve.