Shenanigans

Ultimate Crosshair for Overwolf

I recently started using this app:

http://www.overwolf.com/apps/tsgw2_contest/#!appId=fnpfhgeabieommdpbkoomddjnecfdmmjeklagica

It's a great concept and the best of its kind that I've seen so far. 

However,  this first, big problem that I've noticed is that it does not properly center at all resolutions.
My monitor is native at 2560x1440 and the xhair is up and to the right of center.
not until I lower to 1920x1080 (which is a different ratio)  does it center properly. I also noticed that If I swtich resolution between 2560 and 1920 then back to 2560, the overlay is still off center,  but in a different position than it was in before.

I don't know if the problem is with the overwolf overlay layer or the app it's self.  Is there any inherent limit to the overwolf overlay interns of supported resolutions? 

The ability to manual center / move the xhair by dragging it around when in overlay mode/ the menu is active seems like the easiest fix to me.

If you want to keep playing with it to make it ever ultimateyer,  ideas that I have are:  
-control over the gap between hairs and dot
-ability to set outline color and thickness for hairs  and dot
-ability to turn dot clear,  and just have an outline (making it a ring)
-ability to set number and position of hairs
-ability to set blinking (and rate) or color cycle change for all elements

but even as is,  it's still the far and away the best of it's kind currently available.
Well done,  and thanks for all your work.?

Edited by Shenanigans

Ultimate Crosshair searches for the windows screen width and height, so I don't understand why it doesn't work properly at your resolution. I created the app originally on a macbook pro and it worked with it's crazy resolution. I'm curious if it's something to do with the way Overwolf itself handles resolution. If someone who knows could chime it that would be awesome.

As for the suggestions I like them and will start implementing them soon.

TJ,  that's interesting.  Your macbook should have a resolution of as high or higher than my monitor,  so I'd think that would rule out an inherent limit in overwolf (unless it behaves differently on mac and pc). Maybe something to do with how windows or the gfx drivers talk to overwolf?

I coudnt figure out how to upload a photo to the "My Media" option on the forums, and got the "you are not allowed to use that image extenstion in this community" when I tried embedding,   but here's a linked SS of my desktop so you can see my hardware setup and the current offset.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XZfmUfpYvXLeOb3NRnakzNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

That's the same position that the xhair is always drawn if I set res to native then start UC.  

I still think that it would be nice to make the xhair user positional.  I don't know anything about how the coding works,  but I'd think that this could be done by putting the xhair on a transparant window that could be dragged around,  or but "offset adjustment" sliders or progressive arrow buttons in the menu.

Users with multi-monitor setups or who run windowed where the game isnt perfectly centered would all benefit from being able to manually adjust overlay xhair position. 

Please let me know if there's anyway that I can help out with testing on a windows (7, 64bit) system.

Edited by Shenanigans

imgur and img tag works best. The one you posted from google requires access.

As for Overwolf on my mac, i was using Windows on bootcamp. That still doesn't answer why my resolution worked and yours does not.

As I mentioned in your other thread, we're taking a look as to why the resolution is not being displayed properly. This shouldn't be the case.

I'll update this thread accordingly and the dev who made the app accordingly when I have an answer.

As I mentioned in your other thread, we're taking a look as to why the resolution is not being displayed properly. This shouldn't be the case.

I'll update this thread accordingly and the dev who made the app accordingly when I have an answer.

Will be this app back again?

Will be this app back again?

We're currently investigating certain things regarding this app and it is still not uploaded to the Appstore again. I don't have an ETA either when it will be, but I'll certainly let you know when I have the info.

We're currently investigating certain things regarding this app and it is still not uploaded to the Appstore again. I don't have an ETA either when it will be, but I'll certainly let you know when I have the info.

I was told in an email that UC would not be put back into the app store due to some people considering it a "cheat" and yet there is at least one app in the OW appstore that has crosshairs included. If I change the name and say it's a utility that also includes crosshair will you reconsider putting it back into the app store?