SakuraBell

Overwolf for Mac?

So a friend of mine has been telling me all about overwolf for a while now, and totally recommends it to everyone to use it. But I have a problem, I use a mac. I was just wondering if there was at all a chance of being a mac compatible overwolf client? 

Because I would love to be able to use this brilliant technology that my friend mentions so much.

P.S. 

Before you answer please don't give me the reply like "i have an idea, use a windows computer, they're much better" or "use bootcamp"

I'm hoping to use my mac as a mac, and use programs simply.

The official statement for now is

We currently have no plans on creating a Mac client, but it's something we're thinking about for the future.

Thanks for your interest though and I'm sorry I don't have a different answer.

Best you can do now is to vote for a Mac version on this page.

Well we would love to do Mac as well, we got at least one Mac fan here,

However, as said by Jonas above, we do stuff based on community demand, and the company goals.

I am sorry to say, Mac, for now, is not something we aim at.

Still would love a Mac version.  I know the status of market priority being on windows machines, but sometimes market accessibility in other platforms gives you kudos among a larger community.

Are we still using the user voting feature for feedback, as it has not been updated to reflect one or two of the additions to Overwolf.

Plus with Chrome having a 64-bit varrient of their Blink engine, are we going to see those performance improvements ported over into Overwolf.

Right now, I have both a mac and a PC, but my PC runs extremely slow, so an Overwolf client for mac would be extremely helpful for me in connecting to my friends online where I could actually take place in conversations.

Still would love a Mac version.  I know the status of market priority being on windows machines, but sometimes market accessibility in other platforms gives you kudos among a larger community.

Are we still using the user voting feature for feedback, as it has not been updated to reflect one or two of the additions to Overwolf.

Plus with Chrome having a 64-bit varrient of their Blink engine, are we going to see those performance improvements ported over into Overwolf.

Yes, we are still using that feedback page for feature requests. That's the place to request them and we're keeping track and updating it accordingly.

So how many votes for something like this would it take for you guys to start working on a mac version?

As much as I know the Mac community wants it, it is currently not in our planning to do this in the near future. We would love to have Overwolf on Mac, but it would require pretty much re-creating most of Overwolf on Mac to port it over and we are currently focused on creating the best experience we can on PC.

TL:DR - We want to, but it isn't something in the cards at this time.

As much as I know the Mac community wants it, it is currently not in our planning to do this in the near future. We would love to have Overwolf on Mac, but it would require pretty much re-creating most of Overwolf on Mac to port it over and we are currently focused on creating the best experience we can on PC.

I understand... I'm sad... but I understand...

Because Overwolf really looks fantastic. I guess I'll just have to use overwolf with whatever windows computer I have at the moment and wait for the day (long term) it comes to mac.

I can wait.

I created an account just to say that there are many mac users who need this app but don't use forums to object. 

There is really not much for mac users, so please consider developing something for us too!

Yeah, but I get it.  They're a business, and developing/supporting software is not cheap, so I can't blame them.  (If you think it's easy, then write your own Mac Overwolf clone!)

The best we can do for now is get other Mac users to politely +1 the request.  Appeal to the business side of things by showing there's a large enough market out there to be worth their time.  And keep up the wishful thinking :)

On 3/16/2015 at 4:53 AM, Raif said:

You say that but if you use Mono by microsoft you wont have to recreate most of it, at worst 1/8th of it