FloydHunter

[Darkwolf] Simplistic Overwolf Skin

jwv6Uj8.png

[Darkwolf] Version 2.2.1

This is my first Overwolf skin project, as well as my attempt at a simplistic, not-so invasive Overwolf skin. There have been a couple versions, and I've made a version of this that is twitch themed(affectionately named TwitchyWolf). TwitchyWolf can be found here, though its not updated with the simple installation method described below.

There are currently two ways of installing [Darkwolf]:

Darkwolf v2.2.1 Download:

OPK Installation:

1. Download the OPK file from the download section.

2. If not set, right click on the file and go to properties. From there, click the button that says "Change" and browse your programs folder for the Overwolf.exe file.
    (Only need to do this once, all other OPK's will work without this step in the future.)

3. Open Overwolf if its not open already, and click on settings. Go to the Support option and click on Development Options.

4. Click on the "Install Extension" button and locate the OPK you downloaded for this skin, then click OK.

5. The skin will install fairly fast. The skin installation is complete at this point. All you need to do is select it like in the image below! So from this point, you're done! Congrats! You've installed [Darkwolf] v2.1!!

ZIP/RAR Installation:

1. Download the RAR file from the download section.

2. Open the start menu and type %localappdata% and hit enter. If you're unable to do this, go here in a new window: C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local 

3. Open the Overwolf folder, then the Extensions Folder

4. Create a new folder, name it Darkwolf v2.1(or whatever you want).

5. Drag and Drop the 2.1 folder from the RAR to the new skin folder.

6. Open Overwolf if its not open already, and click on settings. Go to the Support option and click on Development Options.

7. Click on Load Unpacked Extension, and locate the 2.1 folder. This should add the skin to the library. 

8. The skin installation is complete at this point. All you need to do is select it like in the image below! So from this point, you're done! Congrats! You've installed [Darkwolf] v2.1!!

I'm also trying something different with the second animation, so I've uploaded the changes and you can download it in the spoiler below. There's two ways of installing it, OPK and RAR, just follow the same instructions as mentioned above to install this version.

The idea for v2.2 popped into my head after reading a comment from Shadow0X3.

He's got a skin as well, Overfox, It's pretty good so check that out too! 

AFoQKzA.png

Change Log:

V2.2.1

• Removed text from RegularToExpaned due to mirroring effect from right side usage.

v2.2

• Nearly completely changed the RegularToExpanded Animation.
  • Added flavour to bottom of last frame for RegularToExpanded.
  • Downloads:
    OPK Version: Click Here.
    ZIP/RAR Version: Click Here.

v2.1

• Added better cursors.
  • Added mouse over image that highlights selected app(previously released).

v2.0

• Complete rework of skin's look. Moved into transparent look and feel.

v1.0

• My first attempt at skinning! Download at bottom of post.

If [Darkwolf] is still a little too invasive, I suggest checking out Tiamarth's Crescent Minimalist's Overwolf Skin! It's almost completely hidden. [Darkwolf] helped inspire him to make the skin, and it looks really good and does the job of 'not getting in the way of the game' really, really well!

Special Thanks to Staben for helping me get the skin working with the new Overwolf Appstore!!
Check out his skin here, which helped greatly in fixing the issues I had:

[H1Z1-Skin] H1Z1 Inspired Skin

Many thanks to Shadow0X3 for helping, not just me but the community find a new way to install skins without having to overwrite the appstore skins! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm leaving the old version in this post just incase people don't like the new version. More options is better than only one after all!

NOTE: This version has been updated to work in the same way as [Darkwolf V2] - install it in the same manner as the ZIP/RAR installation.

Darkwolf Version 1 Skin download

logo.png

Edited by FloydHunter

I really like the cursors you've made for Darkwolf, the ambient glow they have is fancy.

Thanks! :D I'm still working on them. I've had a hard time making cursors to be honest. I don't have a program that can save .cur files lol. 

There will be an update sometime soon with better ones. I tried to make them transparent as well as visible regardless of what background was being shown(black background makes the glow visible, white accents the thin lines). Update coming as soon as the new cursors are done!

Trying it out, and I like it. The white outline on the minimized dock seems a bit out of place to me, but the theme as a whole is really nice. Have yet to see the cursors in action, but the preview definitely looks nice. Also, to remedy your problem with cursor files, the program IconArt (http://iconart.en.softonic.com/) can work wonders. Not the fanciest of programs, but it's free and lightweight

Edited by Shadow0X3

Trying it out, and I like it. The white outline on the minimized dock seems a bit out of place to me, but the theme as a whole is really nice. Have yet to see the cursors in action, but the preview definitely looks nice. Also, to remedy your problem with cursor files, the program IconArt (http://iconart.en.softonic.com/) can work wonders. Not the fanciest of programs, but it's free and lightweight

I will definitely be checking that program out then, thanks! :D

Also, that white outline is the light side of the bevel/emboss, I might try tinkering with that tonight to(I'm about to start working on the cursors). If it seems too strong, I could tone it down a bit. It works the same way the cursors works in having the different lightings help it be spotted out when being searched for. I haven't personally seen much issue with it, but I'll tone it down to see if it looks better. Thanks for the tips!

Well my only issue with the dock outline is that the dock will always be in the same place and isn't generally hard to find, and if I may make a suggestion, a light gradient fading outwards from the Overwolf icon could do well to maintain the dark feel of DarkWolf without having to have such a harsh colour change

Well my only issue with the dock outline is that the dock will always be in the same place and isn't generally hard to find, and if I may make a suggestion, a light gradient fading outwards from the Overwolf icon could do well to maintain the dark feel of DarkWolf without having to have such a harsh colour change

That idea sounds cool and kinda gave me an idea for something that I'm going to toy with. More than likely a new animation for Darkwolf incoming soon. For now, I'm just finishing up the cursor files and then going to get the download set up. 

Slight version update to 2.1 to include better cursors(if some weren't already included lol)

Updated downloads.

Change Log added and updated.

OPK Download added.

RAR Download added.

Install Instructions Updated.

Special Thanks Updated.

Next Version will include new animations. Currently, animations are still WIP.

Hey, just downloaded the update, will test it out shortly, but you should be aware installing skins directly to the extensions folder doesn't work. When you go to load it from the library, you can't actually click on it. Overwolf gives you an option to download it, but that just seems to confuse the library. That's why my instructions suggest creating a Skins folder in the main Overwolf directory and loading it as an unpacked extension instead.

Edit: Cursors are looking great :D

Edited by Tiamarth

Hey, just downloaded the update, will test it out shortly, but you should be aware installing skins directly to the extensions folder doesn't work. When you go to load it from the library, you can't actually click on it. Overwolf gives you an option to download it, but that just seems to confuse the library. That's why my instructions suggest creating a Skins folder in the main Overwolf directory and loading it as an unpacked extension instead.

Edit: Cursors are looking great :D

I completely forgot about the need to load unpacked extensions for that part. lol updated the instructions to add two additional lines for the zip install. Thanks! :D