I just downloaded Overwolf and everything was seemingly going fine.  I logged in and was browsing some of the apps to download.  When all of a sudden the appstore crashed, on attemp to log back on, the error "Overwolf is already running" wouldn't stop popping up.  I can still use the dock mode but didn't have enough time to download any apps before it did this.  After reading up on this I saw that the moderators/admins like to see a copy of the log files so I have attached them to the bottom of this post.  Also if it helps knowing this all went bad seconds after clicking the download lolwiz app.  Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to read this, and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Log.rar

I finally managed to download and properly install the Overwolf, but now I am faced with another problem.  The checking for updates bar is never ending, i have waited 30min and tried again yet still nothing.  Something I can do to manually install the update?  Please help...don't want to have to do this on my own again.

Hey there!

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for reaching out!

We are going to do a clean sweep of all of Overwolfs files and (re-)install it.

Head to your control panel to uninstall Overwolf. Once you finish uninstalling that, head to C:\Program Files or  C:\Program Files(x86) if you have a 64 bit operating system and look to see if you have an Overwolf folder (you shouldn't), delete it if you do. Then do the following:

For Windows Vista/7/8

1. Click the Windows “Start” button.

2. In the "Search" bar type "%localappdata%" without the quotation marks.

3. Press enter.

4. Find and delete the Overwolf folder.

Once you do that, please download this version here. Please let me know if this solved the issue as that is the latest version and you shouldn't be looking for any updates with this.