Raif

Introducing Replay HUD - The Overwolf instant replay app

Welcome to Replay HUD

EKXbLos.jpg

Introducing Overwolf’s in-game instant replay (aka “wtf just happened”) app. Relive the game to master your performance. Review your keyboard and mouse moves, replay kills and deaths. It's the ultimate gaming replay app.

What is Replay HUD?

Replay HUD records your game in the background so you can replay your kills, analyze your deaths or just see what in the world just happened. It's the perfect replay app for any gamer, on any game. This is more than just a kill cam or death recap, it's a powerful tool for rewinding events. Replay HUD shows more than just video, it also shows your keyboard and mouse commands so you can see what you did during that time to help improve your future performance

How does Replay HUD work?

With just a Shift+F9 keystroke, you can replay the last 20 seconds of your game. All replays are automatically saved in your videos folder for you to watch (or make a video of) later.

Automatic Death Recognition

Replay HUD can automatically recognize when you died and show it to you! If you play League of Legends then get ready to have instant recaps of your deaths. This is only available on selected games, but we’re working on adding games like DotA 2, SMITE, Guild Wars 2 and many more!

Where can I get Replay HUD?

Get it now on the Overwolf appstore – free! 

Check it out in action:

Replay HUD is still in beta and we're looking for your feedback. We'll be adding more features and a lot more games for automatic death detection so let us know what you think below!

Have fun,

Raif

Excellent idea! That's exactly the kind of apps Overwolf needs to do more than replace a second monitor!

I tried it with GW2 and I had a hard time getting it to run. The "Replay HUD is on" message would appear and disappear constantly, but Shift+F9 wouldn't work (nothing happens). I then did something on my second monitor, refocused the game and it worked from then on. Now after restarting the game I can't get it back to work, a manual Replay HUD restart didn't help either. And now, I think it crashed my GW2 client after a refocus. If you want, I can try to reproduce stuff and provide console logs.

The main feature is already awesome, but there's some stuff that would make it even better, namely:

• Make the replay time adjustable (higher). I'm coming from a GW2 perspective, and there when you go down you have a downstate fight (during which you definitely don't want to watch a replay, because you could still get back up), and this downstate fight can take its time. When you're finally defeated and want to watch the replay, it might be too late if the replay time is set to 20 seconds.
  • Allow slow replays, because if stuff happened really fast, chances are high you can't catch it on the replay either.
  • Allow replays to be saved to a custom location.

Also, the Space bar appears as a blank button in the replay, that should probably be changed.

Other than that: Great concept, great app!

• Allow replays to be saved to a custom location.

Replays currently save to your video recording save location + "\Replay HUD\"

for example, my save location:

F:\ShadowPlay Recordings\Desktop\Replay HUD\

So just find your video recording location and you'll be fine!

On another note, to Overwolf, Why doesn't this app follow the same instructions as the video recording app? Personally, as a "wtf happened" option, having the video pop up on hotkey press is cool and all, but I personally would like to just hit the hotkey and keep going.

Sort of to make small highlights of an epic fight. If you win, and hit the hotkey, but are still fighting, won't it pop up still?

(I've only tested it in Planetside 2 after dying, didn't think about trying in the middle of a fight before logging out of the game lol)

Edit:

If the option is there, or if the app actually waits until your idle(which would cool), then I've missed it some how.

Also, more than 20 seconds would be nice. I'm basically, at this point, comparing it to ShadowPlay's Shadow Recording, and SP is a lot less of a program compared to Overwolf. :P

Edit 2:

After logging back into Planetside 2, I found that it still pops up, regardless of what's going on. Using this to replay kills is not a good thing. Highlight them by saving a video file for later - good, having it replay as you're still fighting - bad.

Edited by FloydHunter

I've used this for warthunder, but the video get a Blueish colour scheme, and dont show correct colours..  

Hey there!

Are you using DirectX 11 on Warthunder by any chance?

Yeah il just shut up now :)

Of course i run it D11

Why shut up? No reason to :smile: 

The reason I'm asking is because certain games on DX11 when recorded with Overwolf get some blue hues to the video. If you do, then I'd like to get some log files off of you. Here's a guide on how to get your log files.

Allright where do you want the zip file? 

You can email it to support@overwolf.com and attach it there - remember to leave a link to this thread and a brief explanation of the issue! 

Rock on!  :smile:

I love the idea of this app! I downloaded it and tried using it but I can't get the player to show up in game, but I can get the settings portion of it. I've tried uninstalling and rebinding but neither have seemed to work.

Hey!

Do you mind trying to recreate this in your game and then attaching your log files? This is something we'd like to check out and see what causes it. Can you tell me what game you're playing when this happens?

Here's a guide if you need it for how to find and attach your logs to your post.

Hey!

Do you mind trying to recreate this in your game and then attaching your log files? This is something we'd like to check out and see what causes it. Can you tell me what game you're playing when this happens?

Here's a guide if you need it for how to find and attach your logs to your post.

It's happening in mainly in League of Legends where I'm using it the most, but it's also the same problem in CS:GO.

I was thinking it would be a good idea to be able to change the location and size that the video would pop up on the screen. Say there is someone who is streaming a LoL game and they get a pentakill. They won't want to stop playing but they would like to show a replay of the epic moment that just took place in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Good app, sometimes I get messages like "be Right Back" and miss a chunk of the action I feel like. Would be nice if you could fix that.

Also, would be good to have slowdown speeds for the replays, especially league deaths. A 0.25 or 0.5x speed like in youtube video options would be very helpful.

Also would be nice if there was an option to auto-delete the videos after the game is over. Sometimes people just want to see why they died and not look at the video ever again. 

Found a issue with this app inside of WildStar (PTR), read below for more info:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/131953-memory-eating/

That looks super weird. I'll need your log files please! Here's a guide for getting them in case you don't know how to get them: http://feedback.overwolf.com/knowledgebase/articles/356475-how-to-sending-logs

Also, do you know if this happens on your live game? Not just the PTR? 

No, that shouldn't affect it. We'll be releasing an update soon which should help with the death recognition, but in the meantime can you send me your log files?

Her'es a guide on how to do that.

Here are my logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByhZ6GRuHf_WV1E0QWVGWUhwcGM/view?usp=sharing

(Also probably submited them in bug report from app itself)

Hi

The new update introduced automatic death replays. How do i disable this feature? I use this app for saving cool plays and things that happend, and incidentally i suck, so this new feature fills up my video folder quite fast and makes it impossible to find the 1 or 2 plays i actually meant to save. plz halp. 

Hi

The new update introduced automatic death replays. How do i disable this feature? I use this app for saving cool plays and things that happend, and incidentally i suck, so this new feature fills up my video folder quite fast and makes it impossible to find the 1 or 2 plays i actually meant to save. plz halp. 

We'll be adding that feature down the road. At this time there's no way to turn that off. 

Hey there,

Love the concept of this app, but am having replay troubles. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but the mouse pointer as well as the keys and mouse button display-er is not in the correct spot. Here is a video example: 

https://vid.me/BrCE

I do use a 4k Monitor, and I also use Windows Scaling. Would that be the issue? Love the software though.

Thanks

mike