bishop

So whats up with overwolf.games.events and Robocraft?

Don't know about you guys, but I have not had a single callback fire so far... Don't know if there's something I'm missing. It doesn't seem like any of us have had luck from the other comments I've read. I sent FJ an email to see if it's been implemented in the game already, it's gonna take another day atleast to hear anything back.

Been kinda tempted to get Marvel Heroes or Warface running to check things out.

Anyone got a clue?

Yeah same logic here. The documentation is a little ambiguous as to what's actually being returned... I'm guessing "category" means key for an object? Only time will tell. You can take a look at the SDK for game events on Overwolf's github but it's still impossible to tell how these events work in terms of the JS API.

https://github.com/overwolf/game-events-sdk/blob/master/Samples/CPP/gameeventsproducer/main.cpp

I'm not smart enough to know if Ovewolf is using their own roll of Chromium or what capabilities you would have doing something like that, but without access to the code for the overwolf object it's really hard to figure out  whether these events are getting fired or not. 

Hmm maybe an issue on OverWolfs side as well / instead?

Or possibly an issue with they way they were instructed to implement these events into their games.

FJ stated that the fix should be in the patch next week for RC, though they didn't specifically state the issue was identified yet.

Just wondering out loud...

Edit-

Also possible that none of the games actually have it fully implemented as of yet, I guess. Which is a strange concept, considering the competition counter already began.

It's actually a competition for the game devs to see which can implement the APIs fastest? ;P

Edited by Vida.Sabudabu

I'm starting to wonder if I was using the consumer.exe program incorrectly. In the Robocraft thread mentioned previously the OP used 104801 as a game id, but I don't know how to determine it for Warface by myself. I tried the Process ID code of the game as found in task manager but that didn't work. Then again maybe it was the correct ID and the API is simply not live yet. Anyone have any experience with consumer.exe?

Here is the call I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/09ZcgIs.png

Thanks!

The getRunningGameInfo method works, and gives this id. Try out the sample app code I posted with it, it'll give you the id in the console (Ctrl+shift+i).

Also, I'd be very interested in your results, bishop.

Edited by Vida.Sabudabu

Ah sorry guys had some work related stuff come up so I didn't get a chance to look at this last night. My installation of Visual Studio 2015 for some reason couldn't find any of the standard C libraries so nothing was compiling but it looks like the project was created in VS 2013 so once I got that up and running it was smooth sailing. From what I can see it looks like it works!

ljVgp9G.png

I tried to see if any of the games.events callbacks get fired but no luck. I think I'm going to wait for the patch. If anyone is interested though I've uploaded the compiled file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3686ti65hha5v66/Win32.zip

Virus scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/26d59e894a7da2749f7659c050f9c5a12cc06ce4af423f0118e71b4b82a61598/analysis/1439667548/

Update:

I tried a few more things, found out to get a game ID you can just open:

C:/Users/<YOUR ACCOUNT>/AppData/Local/Overwolf/GamesList.8758001.xml

the filename might be slightly different but it will get you a list of all the games:

<GameInfo>
	<ID>77841</ID>
	<GameTitle>Warface</GameTitle>
	<ProcessNames>
		<string>Steamapps\*\Warface\Crytek\warface\bin32\Game.exe</string>
	</ProcessNames>

I recompiled gameeventsproducer.exe and gave it an ID of a game from the list, also renamed the executable to match the process name in the games list. The games.events callbacks still don't fire, but neither does games.onGameInfoUpdated or games.onGameLaunched which makes me think it isn't recognized as a game by Overwolf.

Edited by bishop

Very cool, thanks for posting that up.

So, these events aren't emulating the overwolf.games.events callbacks?

It's a bit confusing to tell, but I'm guessing you created your own events called 'db updates' instead?

It wouldn't allow you to trigger an onInfoUpdate event, for example?

Edit-

My apologies, I misunderstood. I see now that you just compiled the example. I hadn't taken a look at the source closely, since I've yet to venture into C.

Edited by Vida.Sabudabu

No overwolf.games.events callbacks :(

Not sure what the db this is to be honest, I just compiled what was already there. There's only one mention of it in the code after this line:

err = dll.owgame_events_commit_info_transaction(owgameevents);

It looks like it that's actually setting the game info so it should trigger an onInfoUpdate event.

Also looks like there was an update to Robocraft today? Still no events being registered by consumer.exe or overwolf.js

Hi guys, Warface is working fine and we're looking forward to the RC patch. It got pushed a bit (so it seems), but the events should work once it's out.

What you need to do is omit the last digit from the ID you're getting, as it's an identifier for different instances of the same game (will add it to the docs).

So here's the id's of the games for the consumer.exe:

Robocraft - 10480
Warface - 7784
SMITE - 8134

Hey thanks bishop. I'm curious, the data from your garage and bot looks a bit strange. Was this from an incomplete bot?

Received 6 new info db updates:

<currentGarageSlot, robotTier>: 0

<currentGarageSlot, robotClass>: RailWalker

<currentGarageSlot, armorClass>: 0

<currentGarageSlot, movementClass>: Legs

<currentGarageSlot, weaponClass>: NotAWeapon

<currentGarageSlot, cubesNumber>: 0

-------------------------

-------------------------

Received 4 new info db updates:

<playerData, currentLoadedRobot>: /Ôò▓/\Ôò¡(Ô£ûÔò¡Ôò«Ô

<currentGarageSlot, robotName>: /Ôò▓/\Ôò¡(Ô£ûÔò¡Ôò«Ô

<currentGarageSlot, robotRanking>: 4.190073E+

<currentGarageSlot, robotCpuKey>: 1511

Yeah it looks strange to me too, it's a fully built rail walker with 7 railguns/maxed out CPU. The name is scrambled maybe because the bot's called "/╲/\╭(✖╭╮✖)╮/\╱\"? I'll test later on my other bots and see if there's any more info.