Raitono

Apps should be able to be sorted by game

I admit to being relatively new to using Overwolf, but one of the first things I do when getting a new game is to head into Overwolf and see what apps are available for the game.

My problem is that I can't seem to find a way to categorize the apps by which game they target. I think the For Games category is too broad and that many great apps may get overshadowed by the top apps for each game.

When I open the app store, I am not there to just browse all the apps. While this is a valid use case, I am almost always there with a specific game in mind and have to wade through tons of unrelated apps to find something useful. And even then, I don't know what game the app is for if it is not hinted at in either the app's name or picture.

Allowing the apps to be filtered by game would allow lesser known or new apps to gain more exposure and not be drowned out by the popular ones. This would add more competition between apps as a new user would not be as likely to only grab the first app they see, which is the most popular in the current sorting. And as they say, "Competition breed innovation."

As I said in the beginning, I admit to being new. I may have overlooked this feature already but I made a good effort to find it. If this is the case, the feature should be made more prominent as it is easy to miss.

Thanks,

Raitono