JoshSoMarvelous

Apps closing out on second monitor ?

So , I thought that all of these apps were super useful that I found on Overwolf. Now , as a Streamer I would love to utilize all of these apps .. Outside of my game. For those who play Counter-Strike:Global Offensive and other games there are some people who want their screen cleared when streaming. They don't want to open all of the apps while playing a game.  All of that stuff blocking the sides is annoying and disrupts gameplay. Once I start my game i have to reopen all of the apps IN-GAME. My question is why do the apps running on my second monitor close out when I open CSGO ? This has so much potential and I just wish I could utilize it for my stream. 

Basically , when I'm trying to run overwolf apps on the desktop and I switch to my Counter-Strike window , all of my apps on my second monitor close out and I'm completely clueless as to what happens on my stream now. I have no follow / donation alert showing , no chat box so that I can interact with viewers, I can't do polls , I do a simple update of the stream of a different game , and it's just irritating. Is there a setting for this already ? I'm trying everything I can for this.

So , I thought that all of these apps were super useful that I found on Overwolf. Now , as a Streamer I would love to utilize all of these apps .. Outside of my game. For those who play Counter-Strike:Global Offensive and other games there are some people who want their screen cleared when streaming. They don't want to open all of the apps while playing a game.  All of that stuff blocking the sides is annoying and disrupts gameplay. Once I start my game i have to reopen all of the apps IN-GAME. My question is why do the apps running on my second monitor close out when I open CSGO ? This has so much potential and I just wish I could utilize it for my stream. 

Basically , when I'm trying to run overwolf apps on the desktop and I switch to my Counter-Strike window , all of my apps on my second monitor close out and I'm completely clueless as to what happens on my stream now. I have no follow / donation alert showing , no chat box so that I can interact with viewers, I can't do polls , I do a simple update of the stream of a different game , and it's just irritating. Is there a setting for this already ? I'm trying everything I can for this.

Hey there,

Sorry for the late reply. So there's 2 things happening here, first we don't support multi monitors, so what you're experiencing with apps going from your second monitor to the first, is exactly that. We inject the apps into your game, so whatever monitor your game is in is where all the Overwolf windows will go as well. 

The second thing is that you're seeming to experience a bug where the windows aren't showing when they do inject and you have to re-open them. Can I ask you to send us your log files? Those files will help us see what's causing this to happen.

Here's a guide on how to do that.