Raif

Introducing DotaPlus - Your tool for Dota 2

On 6/29/2017 at 10:37 AM, LEOkonami said:

Please feel free to send us you feedback :)

I have some suggestions:

1. Display the win streak or losing streak for each player . It would be really helpful . 

If a team mate is on losing streak, I can pay more attention to his lane, try to gank, teleport when enemies are tower diving, talk with him so he doesn't start ruining the game etc . 

However if an enemy is on losing streak , he's free kill most of the times. 

Also, being able to see win streaks will help you a lot if you want to bet compendium coins or use Rank Double Down (double the MMR you win or lose) . If you get a team with winning streaks and players have good morale, your chances of winning are a lot higher .

You can easily display this in a new column on the stats table .  Streak:  +3 (GREEN)  / -3 (RED)

2. Show the competitive name for verified players on dotabuff , maybe with an icon in front . Most of them change their name when they play ranked so it might help if you can spot them easier. 

4 hours ago, ghostdlr said:

I have some suggestions:

1. Display the win streak or losing streak for each player . It would be really helpful . 

If a team mate is on losing streak, I can pay more attention to his lane, try to gank, teleport when enemies are tower diving, talk with him so he doesn't start ruining the game etc . 

However if an enemy is on losing streak , he's free kill most of the times. 

Also, being able to see win streaks will help you a lot if you want to bet compendium coins or use Rank Double Down (double the MMR you win or lose) . If you get a team with winning streaks and players have good morale, your chances of winning are a lot higher .

You can easily display this in a new column on the stats table .  Streak:  +3 (GREEN)  / -3 (RED)

2. Show the competitive name for verified players on dotabuff , maybe with an icon in front . Most of them change their name when they play ranked so it might help if you can spot them easier. 

DotaPlus dev here. I like both of these suggestions. I like the mindgames about the winning streaks a lot :) Expect to see those in the app.

Thanks!

Improving the stats load times will also help a lot. I never have time to ban heroes.  Here are some ideas:

-display stats as they are loaded from dotabuff, starting with the enemy team.  Use some spinning circle gif's for load in progress :D

- store some dotabuff stats locally (for people you played with in the last month or for people you played at least 3 games with)

In 7k+ average I get to play ranked mostly with the same guys so the number of cached dotabuff profiles won't be too high. 

Regarding suggestion 2 from my previous post, you could also display the Competitive player name for everyone else (not only verified players), if there's any way to retrieve it.

Edited by ghostdlr

On 7/15/2017 at 4:05 PM, ghostdlr said:

Improving the stats load times will also help a lot. I never have time to ban heroes.  Here are some ideas:

-display stats as they are loaded from dotabuff, starting with the enemy team.  Use some spinning circle gif's for load in progress :D

- store some dotabuff stats locally (for people you played with in the last month or for people you played at least 3 games with)

In 7k+ average I get to play ranked mostly with the same guys so the number of cached dotabuff profiles won't be too high. 

Regarding suggestion 2 from my previous post, you could also display the Competitive player name for everyone else (not only verified players), if there's any way to retrieve it.

I am working on improving this :) It's not very complicated, I don't even have to cache anything... I currently get everything at once, it can be easily divided. And I don't even need a spinner - there's a complete redesign upcoming, hold tight :) Tell sing song I said hi...

Btw, you better use the subreddit to contact me, http://reddit.com/r/dotaplus

15 hours ago, ghostdlr said:

It's not working anymore .  The loading icon keeps spinning forever . 

DotaPlus 2.0.21 was published with a fix for this issue! Just restart you Overweolf client to get in right away!

Suggested bans are irrelevant 90 % of the time . 

They seem to be based on most played heroes all time but most of those heroes aren't viable in current patch and people don't play them anymore . 

Maybe suggest as bans the heroes they spammed in last 3 months or in the last 20-25 game.