Renerte

Facebook chat does not connect

Hello,

in my opinion you should use the web versions of the chat clients.
The multi-messenger service Franz (http://meetfranz.com/) allows multiple chat protocols: Facebook Messenger, Skype, Steam, WhatsApp, WeChat,Telegram, Google hangouts and many others (in total 23 services).

At the moment I don't use Overwolf anymore because Facebook and Skype are no longer working.

If you implement the web versions of all messenger platforms then you just need to open the URL in the internal browser and that`s it.
No more changes need to be done on your side when the chat services change something on their protocol.

Greetings

OLLI

On 16.5.2016 at 3:47 PM, Shargaas said:

but just want to clarify that we don't have alot that we can do in this subject until Facebook change back their API. Until then, our hands are tied.

What  exactly did change that breaks the app?
Is migrating to the new API such a big effort on that app?

On 7/31/2016 at 10:23 PM, Colorfulstan said:

What  exactly did change that breaks the app?
Is migrating to the new API such a big effort on that app?

I'm not 100% sure what we just know they change it and we can't access it like we did in the past, you are more than welcome to try and understand it...

We have a lot on our R&D tale as we speak I hope they will have time to find a solution for this chat 

Rock On.

Since the FB chat is no longer working, I paused using Overwolf (until you have full FB and Skype support).
Sorry, but I need a tool where I can get IMs ingame and answer them.

Edited by OLLI_S