Viking!

So long, and thanks for all the gits

Hello amazing developers!

This is my official goodbye post, as I'm leaving Overwolf (well, I've left the office, but there's a huge Viking! feast next month).

I've had a great pleasure of working on the developer platform, watching it grow from a very limited downloadable SDK to what it is now. While still far from perfect, it's on a slow and steady (remember, it wins the race) rise to greatness. I won't be calling out any big names out there, just know we're coming for ya!

We've had quite a few contests, which were all about fun and creativity, although some devs also got beer money and cool prizes (a good time to thank all of our sponsors!), it's just an added bonus in my opinion. I've seen a lot of cool apps, and hopefully this Nvidia contest will bring out even cooler ones.

I'd like to say thanks to every one of you who helped your fellow developers, almost made me emotional checking the forums to see most of the questions were answered by you guys. There's been quite a few developers who have been with us for a while now (hopefully to stay a while longer), they know who they are, and they know they're that extra awesome. To the rest of you, stick around, good things will come-a-knockin'.

All of the cool stuff I was talking about earlier this year (paid apps, app management platform etc.) haven't been forgotten, all of the information has been passed on and will be planned and prioritized accordingly.

I'm leaving you in the hands of ItayG and the rest of the Overwolf gang, in the hopes that all the plans previously made will be executed to a T, and even more so. In case they mess up, send me a PM and I'll come flailing my battle-ax.

I wish you all the best, it's been an absolute pleasure, I've been the Viking! and you've been amazing.

Toodles!

P.S. You might still see me lurk around sometimes, so you won't get rid of me that easily ;)

Just thinking back, the developer community evolved a whole lot over the last year or so - and that must be partly because of the awesome work you did around here. 

I can hardly call myself as working alongside you generally, but it's been an awesome thing nevertheless. 

I, and I'm certain many others, will miss you being around here. 

I will pitch in and say THANK YOU for all the hard work and all the help with the little things we bothered you with :)

It was a pleasure to meet you at gamescom and I wish you good luck with future plans.

Edited by BobDev