janalopa

App Submission Process

question about the apps. I know many GW2 players who use gwspidy and dragon timer playing. Both have mobile "app" versions and mobile sites. Is it possible to make an overwolf app that just links to those websites as apps, or would we have to be the owner of those websites?

Submission process is to check to see if your app is working to par and is doing what it is doing. If it is working correctly and everything works 100% I am guessing a few days(2-4) and if it is pretty buggy/glitchy and the publisher is always telling you to make changed and so forth, than I am guessing 5-15 days. I am still in the submission process, this is my probably 4 or 5th day its been in submission, I just resent a new version so hopefully this one goes well. :)

Min isn't really bugged, it just i have a update ready with some request of my guildies, just gonna wait the submit it cause there will be probally some more requests :P

The only thing they asked was if they could change the image that is needed for the appstore etc.

Are we able to submit the same app multiple times if we find some bug or improve the code?

Well of course! The submission process is to do just that, so if you have any bugs/fixed send an email to developers@overwolf.com and let them know the changes you have done :)

I'm confused by that link when it says to inclue 'definitions.xml'. What is that?

You don't need that any more it was pretty much what the manifest is but in a much smaller form - it was just for the older apps with and it was simply the title of the window, some sizes and that was about it :D

Hi,

is there a size limit for apps?

Currently I'm developing a GW2 PVE-App with lots of Images (small Maps/Screenshots).

So it will take maybe around 60 MB if I save them locally inside the App.

Thx for your reply.

The App is nearly finished and about 45MB (was able to compress images a bit more).

Edit:

Had another question but its solved. Dont mind ;-)

Edited by 1ceman

Question 1:

Hhow can you write paragraphs or add links to the description?

Can I use html to do it?

I've seen store pages with links and more than one paragraph so it is clearly possible or they had help from overwolf team.

It would be nice to know how they did it or at least make your damn submission process interactive or add possibility to view the future store page in development version of overwolf app.

Question 2:

The icons and screenshots dimensions are described but some applications in store have different sized tiles, so are we allowed to make it bigger?

Question 3

Some store pages have youtube videos instead of screenshots, Is it enough to just send the video to you together with all the other materials or there is some kind special process for that?

It would be very helpefull if you would updated your app example to show off all new manifest settings (to be honest seeing how to use all of them would be nice), apparently you can set app icon through manifest now

Question 1:

Hhow can you write paragraphs or add links to the description?

Can I use html to do it?

I've seen store pages with links and more than one paragraph so it is clearly possible or they had help from overwolf team.

It would be nice to know how they did it or at least make your damn submission process interactive or add possibility to view the future store page in development version of overwolf app.

Question 2:

The icons and screenshots dimensions are described but some applications in store have different sized tiles, so are we allowed to make it bigger?

Question 3

Some store pages have youtube videos instead of screenshots, Is it enough to just send the video to you together with all the other materials or there is some kind special process for that?

1. We're scheduled to update the submission process early next month. We'll include the exact html code you can use for the description. So everything you see on the Overwolf store (the in the client) will be available to you.

We're also looking to semi-automate updates with a mini CMS for each developer. This is scheduled for later this year.

2. If you're referring to the web store, it's a representation of the old appstore, which will be replaced by the one in the client (which is the new and updated one). Otherwise, please point out the specific ones.
  3. I'll assume this is the web store. We're looking into embedding youtube videos on the new store in future updates.

It would be very helpefull if you would updated your app example to show off all new manifest settings (to be honest seeing how to use all of them would be nice), apparently you can set app icon through manifest now

This is a great idea and we'll push to update it asap, alongside additional code examples.

1. We're scheduled to update the submission process early next month. We'll include the exact html code you can use for the description. So everything you see on the Overwolf store (the in the client) will be available to you.

We're also looking to semi-automate updates with a mini CMS for each developer. This is scheduled for later this year.

2. If you're referring to the web store, it's a representation of the old appstore, which will be replaced by the one in the client (which is the new and updated one). Otherwise, please point out the specific ones.
  3. I'll assume this is the web store. We're looking into embedding youtube videos on the new store in future updates.

This is a great idea and we'll push to update it asap, alongside additional code examples.

I worked around not knowing how it will look in store by changing the html of certain app and replacing the content with my description, icon, ect - modern browsers and dev tools FTW