janalopa

App Submission Process

Hi Viking!,

You're more than welcome to submit multiple apps for any category.

I'd just suggest to make sure you've completed your vision for the first app :)

Thanks for your reply.

How long it usually takes to see submitted application in the store?

I've sent my first Robocraft mod yesterday.

Edited by o4kapuk

OK thanks ,  And another small question  i want to submit my app. to the free for all category so should i put republic of gamers logo in

My App ?

Hey there,

No it doesn't have to have it for the Free for All. If you do put the logo on it though, it can then be eligible for the ASUS-ROG category as well. If you send in your app (or your first draft) we can suggest to you which category you should place yourself in if you aren't sure. 

What is the policy on apps that have monetary component? I know you say 30%, what are there restrictions on that which would come up in the review phase...?

For gist of it - I want to make a way to create tournaments and challenges that have prizes. If I want to have pay to enter tournaments, would you happily take a piece or would it be denied?

@nasa - generally speaking, it's a 70%-30% split on anything generated through the apps. However, this would probably better discussed in specific terms with our marketing team. Send me a PM and I'll point you to right person.

@NathanSchwartz - We don't have an infrastructure for accepting payments just yet. Paid apps/freemium/in-app purchases are being delayed unfortunately.

If you plan to unlock specific features of your application on paid, I'd suggest to release two versions of your app: free basic and paid 'pro' so users can install basic or buy full pro version.

I think they are the subcategories of the appstore:

Capture & Streaming

Chat

Entertainment

For games

etc.

I noticed others weren't aware this question and answer has been posted through this thread a few times ;P

Maybe it needs a spot in the documentation, next to the submission info?