Vidar

API wishlist

VIKING! EDIT MODE ON: Please visit the new SDK voting platform for SDK-related requests, kthxbai :)

Just popping up a thread where us developers can post our most longed for API features.

Manipulating the window chrome;
Hiding all of the chrome (So we can create more seamless plugins that don't look like just another browser window (dragability or placement can be controlled by an app already) ),
hiding controls (remove the maximize option or opacity setting),
methods for using the window controls (changing opacity, visibility and maximizing/restoring dependant on states of the app)
hiding the window background (this coupled with removed chrome would let us create more agile interfaces, such as; simple text, icon or indicator overlays, using CSS3 rounded corners, gradients or opacity/RGBA values, easily manipulated by jquery)

Edited by Viking!

CLR Hosting

Managed API

CLR Sandbox at least with the following security permissions:

(System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermissionFlag)

Execution

ControlThread

Infrastructure

SerializationFormatter

RemotingConfiguration

UnmanagedCode

Preferred permissions:

PermissionState.Unrestricted : to allow execution of "unsafe" keyword

SecurityPermissionFlag.AllFlags : well, no need to set SecurityPermissionFlag in an Unrestricted AppDomain

I have a couple good ideas to make the API stronger for developers.

Number one: Hotkeys - Customizable system wide hotkeys. This would be very very useful for tons of developers.

-logicPwn

Just thought of something...

An option to launch Overwolf Teamspeak widget and connect directly to a server. therefore I can put a "link" in my app lets say:

teamspeak://64.100.100.100:3660 and when I click on it I will get into that server. Possibly even a specific room.

I guess lots of Minecraft users would love it...

8-) 8-)

Ability to switch IconMouseNormal.png in runtime (to indicate new messages while app is hidden/closed, for example) would be nice.

upd: surprised that there is no methods to change window title, must have.

upd2: not about API, but anyway: would be cool to have a simple code-editor embedded into debug-console, its really annoying to alt-tab constantly to test the app ingame.

It would be a lot more useful if an API was released for overwolf that would allow extensions to be made in .NET or some other programming language, I have found the possibilities with HTML5/Javascript/CSS are a bit limited, and there are a few issues I've noticed in some apps (such as inability to use tab in the text editor, and some issues with focus and such) that could be resolved; but maybe an extension base containing a draw method and events for things such as mousedown/mouseup, keydown/keyup, focus and unfocus, and maybe some other variables (like the ones already in the API). It might take some developing for some useful things (such as GUI) but I and I'm sure a few other programmers would be willing to put time into adding more useful classes/features, and I'm sure it would attract more developers to create classes and such while the available ones aren't as extensive

As an example, I've been wanting to create an extension that would pull the windows open on the desktop and forward all the events to the window (so you literally would never need to alt-tab) and this is quite impossible with HTML5/javascript/css without creating an outside application that can be controlled over web (and I'd prefer not to release a separate program along with an extension, and from the looks of it, the appstore won't have support for it)

I would like to see the ability to make advanced interfaces (without window menus and borders, like the capture tool), maybe just the same windowed apps but with png-alpha mask, telling the overlay renderer what part of window to show, something like that.

-Number of cores of the CPU

Browsers don't provide this information and it could be useful now with Web Workers. Just a little function that returns the number of cores of the CPU. With this we could choose the right number of threads to run in parallel and not overload the CPU.

Someting caused my app to lose the window borders eventually and i must say it looks much better without - i think if we wont have ability to make advanced interfaces anytime soon then we need at least a possibility to hide these borders.

pPdm.png

How about a audio recording api.. should be really simple...

lots of libraries or native api's

it could be really cool to capture sound and intergrate a new layer to the api...

this way people could intergrate last.fm in with their games or shazam or lots of audio api's

Hey there,

i'd like to have a way to access the Mumble Link (http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Link) data of a game via Overwolf's API. This way we could grab positional data and other useful info to create awesome stuff like interactive maps and more. See:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/community/api/Map-API-Mumble-Mashup

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/community/api/GW2-s-Mumble-Link-context-data-format

I do not know if this is possible, but some kind of "app-wide" configuration storage. That you can access special information from other Apps.

As well as ingame information about specific known games like in Counter-Strike based the current ammo, team, K/D and in MobA's the time and stuff.

I do not know if this is possible, but some kind of "app-wide" configuration storage. That you can access special information from other Apps.

As well as ingame information about specific known games like in Counter-Strike based the current ammo, team, K/D and in MobA's the time and stuff.

Did you tried local storage?