CapoFantasma97

Request: A decent Notepad

@EloItsMee I've added a save functionality, the files stay with the app tho.
@CapoFantasma97 I can't get rid of the window title, I need it to show the current document.

OEditor 1.1.0

@Kenny.Overwolf would you upload it to the store? please.
Edit. On a second thought, don't upload it to the store yet. Another thing, can I use the Overwolf logo in my app's logo?

Edited by goodbyte

Not sure what's going on here...nice thing that so many people are interested in getting stuff done, but as noobay suggested collaborating would be the way to go here I think ;)

pushing three different apps to the store that pretty much were done in parallel instead of taking a bit more time to make one awesome product seems like so much wasted potential. A bit coordination and planning can go a long way, and with github it's easier than ever before to work on the same codebase.

Also not sure why apparently overwolf suddenly jumps in to get their own notepad app out when there are people from the community obviously actively working on it.

20 hours ago, Kenny.Overwolf said:

Did I miss something there? Seems like a bit of a D-move doing that instead of joining in on the community effort imo.

Again: Am I missing something in that regard? Im seriously confused about that.

10 hours ago, Colorfulstan said:

Also not sure why apparently overwolf suddenly jumps in to get their own notepad app out when there are people from the community obviously actively working on it.

Did I miss something there? Seems like a bit of a D-move doing that instead of joining in on the community effort imo.

Again: Am I missing something in that regard? Im seriously confused about that.

I agree totally. Even if the app is very good (I even left a 5 stars review), and even if a notepad seems like a simple app, fusing the efforts of @goodbyte and @noobay and maybe even @Kenny.Overwolf, the final results may be even better. A store composed of very high quality apps is what Overwolf needs, and this could be one of the many possibilities.

I really was surprised on how people here immediately started working after I created this simple topic, and that's the potential for a powerful and enjoyable community whose work is a gain for everyone, even the most casual user that just installed the game or the biggest fanatic since all born (and Overwolf itself of course).

What happened however must not be seen just as a bad thing. The fact that the Overwolf staff is such active and fast, and gets the job done, it's a fantastic thing to see too. The possible synergy of both worlds (community and staff) would be the best scenario.

Edited by CapoFantasma97

26 minutes ago, CapoFantasma97 said:

I agree totally. Even if the app is very good (I even left a 5 stars review), and even if a notepad seems like a simple app, fusing the efforts of @goodbyte and @noobay and maybe even @Kenny.Overwolf, the final results may be even better. A store composed of very high quality apps is what Overwolf needs, and this could be one of the many possibilities.

I really was surprised on how people here immediately started working after I created this simple topic, and that's the potential for a powerful and enjoyable community whose work is a gain for everyone, even the most casual user that just installed the game or the biggest fanatic since all born (and Overwolf itself of course).

What happened however must not be seen just as a bad thing. The fact that the Overwolf staff is such active and fast, and gets the job done, it's a fantastic thing to see too. The possible synergy of both worlds (community and staff) would be the best scenario.

yes.

There was the opportunity here from Overwolf's side to send a huuuuge signal in the form of "Hey guys, awesome you do stuff to improve the experience for everyone, let us help you do it right". That's exactly what Overwolf needs imo since (at least for me and for a few people I talked to) their image on the developers side is problematic in some regards. Sometimes it more important to make a decision for the long run instead of catering to immediate desires.

Sure it's good that they tried to get something nice out there quickly, but 

1) there are more important things the overwolf staff could focus on since the problem was taken care of already

2) It ties into the perception that there are premature decisions and actions are made within that company

adding to the selection of available notepad apps, my app WolfPad (link) is out! 
it allows you to save your notes as .txt files saved to your "My Documents/WolfPad" folder. 
you can use the "Save As PlainText" menu option (alt+shift+s) to ditch the formatting used to format the notes if you only need the text.

Edited by noobay