CapoFantasma97

Request: YouTube/browser app revamp - Fuse browsing with Borderless Video Player?

So, many users like to use YouTube while gaming. Some for entertainment while farming/doing boring stuff, others rely on it for tutorials of any kind.

I have found too the comfort of watching a tutorial step by step without exiting the game. Games like Minecraft have very complicated stuff to replicate.

Problem is, both the browser and the youtube app lack the ability to put in fullscreen a video. You either have to resize the window and live with that and the fact it occupies an excessively big chunk of your screen, or use Borderless Video Player. However, Borderless Video Player is a pain to set up for a simple use like that. You have to browse with other tools the video you want to watch (the browser or the youtube app, which is a mere link by the way), find the video you want to see, copy and paste the link, and then go with what you want to do. If you realize that is the wrong video, or you don't really like it, and want to change it, you have to repeat everything from step one.

So, I ask if it's possible to fuse in the youtube app or maybe even in the browser itself, the ability to switch to "Borderless Videoplayer Mode" right when you press fullscreen, and a button to bring you back to the normal sized window.

Another thing that Borderless Videoplayer lacks are hotkeys. If you want to open it, if you want to stop the video, if you want to play it, if you want to silence it, you must necessarily stop what you are doing, open Overwolf controls and do what you want with the mouse. It slows you down and is annoying, so that in the end you may prefer to just use the browser and live with its limitations.

So, what I suggest to do here is:

- when you go fullscreen with a video while browsing, it is automatically switched to a view similar to Borderless Videoplayer, possibly remembering the resize and the opacity settings for a more comfortable use

- in this mode, there should be the possibility to use the following hotkeys: pause/play, mute/unmute.

- the most popular application would be for YouTube, however it would be better if it is integrated with the browser and therefore it would work with other sources like Twitch for example

PS: The browser app also would be a much better experience if it would remember the opened tabs, and the ability to set favourites to show in the home page. Alternatively, I would like to know how to change the home page to set a custom offline html one. There are plenty of downloadable and customizable pages for that purpose, born for browser like the old IE. If you want, this may be a subject for another topic, to not clutter this one. Either way, fusing the above with this side note would bring one of the best and most useful experiences for Overwolf.

5 hours ago, CapoFantasma97 said:

PS: The browser app also would be a much better experience if it would remember the opened tabs, and the ability to set favourites to show in the home page. Alternatively, I would like to know how to change the home page to set a custom offline html one. There are plenty of downloadable and customizable pages for that purpose, born for browser like the old IE. If you want, this may be a subject for another topic, to not clutter this one. Either way, fusing the above with this side note would bring one of the best and most useful experiences for Overwolf.

might want to open a separate topic for a second suggestion instead of mentioning it on the end of another suggestion to give it more visibility

16 minutes ago, Colorfulstan said:

might want to open a separate topic for a second suggestion instead of mentioning it on the end of another suggestion to give it more visibility

I'll surely do it in the future; for now let's see what we can get with this subject. Maybe there are more chances for this to happen if there are few suggestions or one per time.