KingNXT

OW is getting heavy

I have used Overwolf from the beginning of my Gaming PC(2015, gtx760, pentium g2358 3,2ghz) life, Whilst playing csgo I have noticed big frame drops(from 45 down to 5) out of nowhere. I closed almost every task in the task manager but just doesnt end, and after ending OW it works like 70fps again. I have heard that CSGO is very CPU concentrated so why not make a detector for every game launch to switch ow from cpu to gpu so I could play these games smoothly?

Listed:
1. OW + CSGO = 50-30fps
 -  CSGO - OW = +70fps
2. GPU and CPU recording like mechanic in OW so when launching CSGO(CPU) OW switches to GPU heavy

Edited by KingNXT

I have the same problem with OW when playing Planetside 2. In high populated areas the framerate drops to a nonplayable state. What I have noticed is that the problem comes from the amount of CPU cores OW takes for itself. My CPU has 8 cores and with OW using half of them it limits my gaming expirience drasticly.

1. OW + Planetside2 = 2-60FPS
  2. Planetside 2 - OW = 30-60FPS

Notes: FPS are capped at 60, FPS ranges from "Heavy populated area with lots of things happening" to "Standing in the spawn area without anything happening around"

2 hours ago, Ruuqo said:

I have the same problem with OW when playing Planetside 2. In high populated areas the framerate drops to a nonplayable state. What I have noticed is that the problem comes from the amount of CPU cores OW takes for itself. My CPU has 8 cores and with OW using half of them it limits my gaming expirience drasticly.

1. OW + Planetside2 = 2-60FPS
  2. Planetside 2 - OW = 30-60FPS

Notes: FPS are capped at 60, FPS ranges from "Heavy populated area with lots of things happening" to "Standing in the spawn area without anything happening around"

The problem could be easly fixed just like this: OW should use the last 2 cores, cause of intel they are the most useless cores, with amd u can use all cores efectively.

On 27.11.2016 at 9:02 PM, Ruuqo said:

Well, I have an AMD FX -8350 Eight-Core Processor ~4.0GHz

Then technically the delay of using ram also should work. Or OW just should use less ram