TheParanoia

Adding Blade and Soul To Library

Hello guys,

I got some trouble with adding Blade and Soul to my game library. I can choose to add it manually and choose the game folder but if I navigate there Overwolf says it couldn't find anything there. If I navigate to the folder where my NCLauncher.exe is located it seems to accept that and adds an icon to my Library. However I can not launch the game that way since the game client needs some parameters to start correctly. Also Overwolf does not recognise as I start the game.
I would like to monitor my game time via Overwolf that's all. I also tried editing the SettingsPageGeneral.xml with notepad++ pointing towards the Client.exe, NCLauncher.exe and Blade & Soul.lnk
If I put the Client.exe or NCLauncher.exe in ProcessPath and LauncherPath Overwolf is not able to launch the game or even detect its launch.
If I put the link in there, wich includes the parameters, Overwolf won't start at all

Is someone else having trouble with this. It seems a little odd since the game is supposed to be supported and also listed on the games page in the desktop client.

2017-02-26 21_29_43-Select the folder where the game is installed.png

Edited by TheParanoia

Hey @TheParanoia!

Thank you for reaching out :)

I looked into this issue and would like to thank you for the information, this seems to be a bug and I have forwarded it to our dev team.

Just so you know, even if a game is not recognized in the Overwolf Library, as long as it's supported by Overwolf - the game time is still monitored, and once we fix this you will be able to see your game time.

Maybe I should also mention this:
The game is kind of recognized by the OW overlay, meaning that I get the message in the bottom right corner of my screen and also the dock. However I can not use the dock via mouse hovering but once I hit the shortcut for it. Then the cursor changes to the OW one, dock opens I can click around and use anything from it. But I am not able to switch back into the game, making OW disappear by simply clicking an area not covered by the overlay. I then need to CTRL+TAB back into the game.

I am currently using Beta Version 0.102.217. But I also tried the regular version / release which turned out to have the same problems.

Hey again @TheParanoia!

I can make you a game list file which will fix this Overwolf cursor issue.
Since this game's cursor is functioning like in shooter games (where it's the camera), in order to use the dock and the apps you will have to click ctrl+tab every time and then again to gain back control of the game and push back the dock.

I attached the game list file, check out this article for instructions on how to use it.

BnSfix.7z

Same problem here, i try to use "BnSfix.7z" and this tutorial for installing http://support.overwolf.com/knowledge-base/how-to-chance-and-add-a-game-list/...

On 26/02/2017 at 5:38 PM, TheParanoia said:

If I put the Client.exe or NCLauncher.exe in ProcessPath and LauncherPath Overwolf is not able to launch the game or even detect its launch.

On 26/02/2017 at 5:38 PM, TheParanoia said:

I also tried editing the SettingsPageGeneral.xml with notepad++ pointing towards the Client.exe, NCLauncher.exe and Blade & Soul.lnk

But it didn't work.

bnserror.png