Sign in to follow this  
ChriSKate

EasyAntiCheat preventing Overwolf from running in games

Hello fellow gamers! :)

TL;DR - Games running with EasyAntiCheat currently blocking Overwolf, we hope they will white-list Overwolf soon.

Update - This issue - RIP! Everything should be working fine again :)

There has been an issue recently of Overwolf not working with several games.

For example: Warface, Paladins, Rust, iRacing, Smite, For Honor and more.

The cause for this issue is their anticheat program called EasyAntiCheat. With every update to their program, they need to re-whitelist Overwolf separately for every game they are providing their services for. Usually, it’s done soon after an update and efficiently, but for some reason recently we had to contact them several times for each game and we’re still in touch with their team.

So far, they only white-listed ‘Rust’, so Overwolf should be back to working with this game. We are sorry for your discomfort and hope that the EasyAntiCheat team will white-list Overwolf for all these affected games ASAP.

Please note that there’s nothing you should update/change on your end, once they white-list Overwolf for the game that you’re playing, Overwolf would simply go back to working with it the next time you launch the game.

I will make sure to update this post with relevant information so feel free to follow it.

Sincerely yours,
Pro medic Chris

Updates:

Games that are back to working with Overwolf:
Paladins

On 26/4/2017 at 11:14 AM, ChriSKate said:

Hello fellow gamers! :)

TL;DR - Games running with EasyAntiCheat currently blocking Overwolf, we hope they will white-list Overwolf soon.

There has been an issue recently of Overwolf not working with several games.

For example: Warface, Paladins, Rust, iRacing, Smite, For Honor and more.

The cause for this issue is their anticheat program called EasyAntiCheat. With every update to their program, they need to re-whitelist Overwolf separately for every game they are providing their services for. Usually, it’s done soon after an update and efficiently, but for some reason recently we had to contact them several times for each game and we’re still in touch with their team.

So far, they only white-listed ‘Rust’, so Overwolf should be back to working with this game. We are sorry for your discomfort and hope that the EasyAntiCheat team will white-list Overwolf for all these affected games ASAP.

Please note that there’s nothing you should update/change on your end, once they white-list Overwolf for the game that you’re playing, Overwolf would simply go back to working with it the next time you launch the game.

I will make sure to update this post with relevant information so feel free to follow it.

Sincerely yours,
Pro medic Chris

Updates:

Games that are back to working with Overwolf:

Smite
Paladins
Warface (Steam version)

So Smite its working again ? because i want record it again, but i cant yet :(

Hey ChriSKate
I respect your message about iRacing but is there anything i can do from my side? It is now really a Long time Ago and it is still not working.

Thanks for your Reply
Gerald

Hey Gerald, hope you're doing well :)

We have contacted EasyAntiCheat countless times, we managed to reach the guy in charge of whitelisting but after a few messages, we stopped hearing from him completely.

At this point, with EasyAntiCheat not responding anymore, our dev team is trying to look further into it. 

Honestly, if EasyAntiCheat won't whitelist Overwolf for their associated games, this issue might not be resolved anytime soon or at all :(

If you wish to try something from your side, I guess contacting EasyAntiCheat could maybe raise more awareness to the problem. Hopefully, it will make them re-evaluate this case and start responding & cooperating to fix this.

Hey ChriSKate
I wrote today to Easy anti Cheat and also i asked in the iRacing Forum the other People to do the same.

Lets have a look and stay positive that this Problem will be solved soon.

Gerald

Hey ChriSKate
I tried now but it is still not working. I also did a clean new Installation of Overwolf but still the same.

In the past when iRacing is loading the track there was already a notification that i can start using overwolf hitting STRG + TAB but also this notification doesnt Show up.

So, NO it doestn work with iRacing.

Thanks for your help
Gerald

@Gerald, thanks for the update, they said that the changes they made might take a week to fully affect all games.

Let's wait this week and see if there's any improvement, if not I will message them about it again :(

Hey ChriSKate
herewith i can confirm that the overlay is working again for iRacing. It is also confirmed from other People out of the iRacing Forum.

So after a Long time we solved that issue. Thank you very much for your Support on that Topic.

BUT:
Overwolf is not running stable on my side now. I dont know why. When i start the YouTube app for example it opens YouTube but it freeze immediately. Same for other applications. This not just in a game. This happens already outside on an Operating System Level when i start Youtube out of the Dock when i am on the Desktop.
For sure not a Topic for this thread but another Problem ;-(
If you like i can send you logs or Team Viewer Access to my Computer for further investigations.

Gerald

Hey ChriSKate
with pleasure. I will do that on the Weekend.

But we noticed in the meanwhile that EAC did again a Small Change and Overwolf is not working again with iRacing.

The other Thing i noticed that when i download overwolf from your Homepage that i have again no force Feedback. When i copy the gamelist which i received from you into the Directory it is more less solved. But there are still some interuptions now.
We are more / less a bit back to the beginning. I will send you some logs again on the Weekend.

Gerald