secondbonsai

No close program option

Users are expected to open Task Manager and close 3 Overwolf processes every time they want to close it? Really? This has to be a joke, right? This has amateur written all over it and it's a nuisance. There has to be a better solution to the complex problem of enabling users to close the program, like ... um .. i dunno... a cross in the top right hand corner which users click to close the program and a minus to minimise, like ANY NORMAL APPLICATION HAS? Surprising at it may seem, some people do actually like to close programs rather than have them running in the background when not in use.

Edited by secondbonsai

You mean to close it completely? - right click the Overwolf icon in system tray (next to the clock) and then Exit Overwolf.

If you mean close apps you dont use, then - Settings->Support->Developer Console
You can close any app you want, also you can deselect them and prevent them from starting in the first place.

Apps, or rather overwolf itself is almost a chrome browser, apps are like extensions in chrome so above console is the same thing as in chrome extensions tab.
Chrome itself also stays open, well the chrome service stays in your system tray (unless you disable it) so I wouldn't call it "amateur".

Hope that helps

Well it did work a few times, but now it's not working.  I right click on the icon in the tray and nothing happens, so I'm back to having to scroll down a bunch of stuff in Task Manager and then close 3 Overwolf things to close it.

In fact it gets worse.  Last time I closed 2 processes, but there were still like 8 running, but when trying to close them, processes started opening.  I mean like if I wanted to make the most awkward program possible, what would I do?  Exactly this, unless maybe it's the pc or pc setup that's causing the problem.  I don't know.  Anyone else find it extraordinarily difficult to close Overwolf?  Maybe most people don't even try to close it.

Edited by secondbonsai

Well, I would stand by my original response, if you want to close all the overwolf processes right click on the overwolf icon in tray menu and click exit.
Anyways you seem to have many apps open and that is why you have so many processes in task manager, if apps stay opened when you close them and they dont have option in settings to disable that behavior it is the app developer fault, not overwolfs (unless it is app developed specifically by overwolf), or the running apps prevent overwolf from closing (but I doubt that) - that said as I mentioned before, you can check which ones are running and disable them in developer console (if you dont want to disable them you can also close them there, that should close the extra processes you see in task manager).

If you still believe you have a problem, I suggest posting in problem section - describing the problem in detail and adding logs would probably help too.
The fastest response you'll get is if you join overwolf slack and post your problem there.

Well thanks for your help.  As I said, I tried right-clicking on the Overwolf icon in the system tray and nothing happens.  No options appear, so there is no 'exit' to click on.  There was to begin with but it doesn't work anymore for some reason.

I'm intrigued about why it seems to you that I 'have many apps open' and why you think 'I have so many processes in task manager'.  When I said I closed 2 processes, but there were still about 8 running and that new ones opened, these were all Overwolf processes.

Also, regardless of how many I have running, my concern isn't with other apps that may or may not be running at this time, unless this affects the pc's performance.  My concern is with Overwolf, unless you're telling me I should also look at the behaviour of any other apps that may be running.  I rarely do anything with any other apps, except Chrome, Microsoft Edge, a Microsoft weather app and Battle.net.  I do keep Battle.net running and this is what i want for this app.  I don't know how the web browsers or the weather app behave in this respect.  There are 2 anti virus apps and some other things which I guess it may be best to keep open, but I rarely interact with any other apps than the ones I mentioned, as I say.

Anyway, I may join Overwolf Slack, as you suggest.  Thanks again.

Edited by secondbonsai